Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #308

This is my 2nd post for the day. For my Card Concept guest design post, please click here
or scroll down. I made a cupcake card, you may want to check it out!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for Things that Fly Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Easter/Spring Pinterest

We are using Bazzille this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

I was so inspired by the color yellow in the inspiration photo. To me, yellow is the symbol of Spring, energy and re-birth. Spring is finally in the air (almost). We still have lots of snow on the ground, but it sure is melting! Hooray for Spring! 
 
For my project, I used Bazzille 40lbs Vellum sheets. hello 
 I embossed WPlus9 Flowers "Botanical Bunch" in white on heavy weight vellum. I know I got a little crazy when I decided to cut the image out....but it's SO worth it, right? I stamped the leaves/vines/ branches in Crackled Pistachio. I did, however, color the flower images on the backside of the vellum with markers ( I used Spectrum Aqua.  You can use copic makers or Sharpies) . I love the delicate look of this design. The sentiment was stamped with Handwritten Greetings and the die cut was made from Stitched Rectangles.

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

44 comments:

Caryn said...

This is so pretty Virginia - I didn't realise those Spectrum Aqua pens would work like this on Vellum - fabulous!

Jingle said...

Virginia, this is beautiful! The coloring on the vellum looks awesome!

Cindy C. said...

Swoon!!! So beautiful, I've pinned it!!

Tess Hackett said...

Very pretty, the vellum looks fabulous and I like the colors. : ) very much inspired by spring.

~amy~ said...

lovelovelove.
the colors...the vellum...everything.

Laura B. said...

wow, this is gorgeous!!! love the beautiful color on the vellum!!!

Marcie Sharp said...

This is just stunning Virginia! I love the colouring on vellum. It's such a light, fresh look with a dramatic impact!

Jennie said...

This is beautiful and now I need some Vellum!

Heather said...

A beautiful card Virginia, great layering and colours. I do love vellum and you've coloured it beautifully!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This card is STUNNING Virginia. Every single detail is just perfect AND it´s for sure a real spring card!

Big hugs for you/Gunilla

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! Love the vellum flowers! So very pretty!!

hugs...

deb duty said...

Gorgeous card with such pretty colors!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia ! I absolutely LOVE everything about this, the flowers are so pretty and beautifully coloured, WOW !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Nancy K said...

Absolutely gorgeous design, Virginia! Coloring on vellum is such a wonderful way to add yummy color, love it!

Sue McRae said...

Definitely a cheery spring card! Love the embossed vellum and all the fab colours!

joy said...

So pretty! Love the image stamped and colored on vellum.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very beautiful!

conil said...

That Wplus9 vellum bouquet is stunning next to those branches. Awesome card.

Charlene said...

A real stunner!!!!

aaga said...

oh so gorgeous, would love to get a card like this in the mail!

Mandy said...

Virginia your card is so beautiful! It's so pretty and feminine, I love the vellum flowers
hugs
Mandy xx

Brandi said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Harriet said...

Oh Virginia, you have outdone yourself. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

Lin said...

I love your fussy cutting, Virginia!. It makes such an elegant spring card!

Purvi said...

This card is absolutely beautiful.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Virginia...this is gorgeous...stellar card!!

Shelly said...

This is absolutely, stunning! Love!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Oooh! Such pretty detailing of white embossing on vellum and delicate coloring!

Love!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia i can't even begin to tell you how gorgeous your card it! I LOVE every single beautiful detail!

Jacquie Southas said...

The white embossed image is stunning on its on - the coloring takes it to a whole new level! Just beautiful, Virginia!

Kara Lynne said...

So gorgeous! I love the white embossing on the vellum, and your colors are beautiful!

Jill Vickers said...

I saw your card on the Wednesday Challenge page and was completely blown away by how beautiful it was! I always love your creations but this one is sheer perfection! Love it!

Taunya Butler said...

This is stunning and I love the softness of the vellum over the brightly colored greenery!! Love the addition of the sequins as flower middles - just so brilliant and beautiful - soft and heartmelting!!! Have a happy day!!

Lynn said...

The detail on the vellum is stunning Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful card, Virginia! I love all the pretty spring colors and how you embossed the vellum in white...it really makes the colors pop! Your stitched border on both panels are such a lovely touch, too!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful! It really has a spring-feeling!!

Karen D. said...

gorgeous card mf...

Kara said...

pretty!

Tricia Ann said...

Your Spring Pinterest card is so cheerful and bright. I've seen this stamp and die used recently but YOU'VE inspired me that I must get this set. Beautiful work.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the embossing/coloring on vellum, so pretty!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Great card, love the embossed vellum :)

Sheila H said...

Love the spring colors and embossed vellum!

Cathy said...

Hi Virginia!! Really love your card. I like how you use that lovely embossed velum on your flowers, It really gives a whole different feel. So beautiful!!

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful! you are inspiring me to emboss on vellum... :)