Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #309

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the  Easter/Spring Pinterest Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...
Anything Goes

 We are using Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Aqua this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)  

Since my card is all about coloring, I thought I would share this timely and interesting article "Color Therapy" with you. Coloring IS relaxing

"...Colouring, claim the publishers, can lower anxiety, stabilize mood, increase attention span and serve as a sleep aid..."

  So you can see why we stampers love coloring...For my project, I used Spectrum Aqua (Primary and Essential) to color. I used this lovely stamp set "Potted" from Waffleflower

It is perfect for coloring!  

Enjoy!
 I first embossed the image in white, then I colored the image like how I would with watercolor pencils/distress markers. I then used my TH Detailer Water Brush to go over the colors and add shading. These Spectrum Aqua markers are really fun to use as they are super juicy. So, that makes applying/blending the inks easy!

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

38 comments:

Laura B. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! The coloring is perfection!

Jingle said...

Virginia, this is very pretty! Such a nice card!

Caryn said...

I LOVE this Virginia - the colouring looks just stunning.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! So pretty and beautifully coloured
hugs
Mandy xx

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card virginia!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, I love the Potted Set, I need to get me one of those, this is so pretty ! The sentiment looks fab on the velum too :-) LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Harriet said...

Oh, Virginia, you keep getting better and better. Your card is so lovely. Thanks.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! Such pretty coloring!! Just lovely!

hugs...

conil said...

Now this is one lovely card. Your coloring is really fabulous.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the watercoloring on this image, gorgeous!!!

joy said...

Beautiful - I am loving how these markers look!!

Niki G said...

Virginia! This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the water coloring perfect for spring!!

Heather said...

A beautiful card Virginia, a fabulous design and I love your image embossed you white and so gorgeously coloured - so pretty!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lin said...

Wonderful card, Virginia! You showed the markers off spectacularly!

Bonnie said...

Beautful colors and shading!

SonjaK said...

Wow, this is beautiful! So prettily colored.

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! The coloring is spot on... so lifelike! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous! Your watercoloring is perfection!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia your watercolouring is fabulous!

Nora N. said...

This is so pretty!! The watercoloring is fabulous!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Sigh! absolute perfection!

Sarah Gray said...

Love this image and your fabulous watercolouring....those aqua markers are definitely on my wish list!

Sheila H said...

You are so artistic, Virginia. I love your water coloring.

Heather Ruwe said...

Beautiful card! It was fun being part of the design team with you this month! Thanks for having me!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Gorgeous!

Clare said...

So pretty! Love the white embossing and the coloring! And that vellum strip is such a nice, soft touch!

Carol McCready said...

Beautifully colored card.

I don't own any of those markers. I have all kinds of watercolor markers and copics so I didn't want to spend the money on them. After
seeing your card I may break out my wallet.

Barb said...

I love this card, Virginia! Beautiful, bright, yummy colors! ♥

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! I love your water colored flowers in all those pretty colors, and your sentiment is so soft and lovely on vellum!

Dawn Turley said...

so pretty Virginia. The colouring is amazing.

debby4000 said...

Love all the watercoloured flowers and what a fabulous card it makes.
luv
Debby

Tami said...

Beautiful watercolor! I'm so happy to see the spectrum aqua markers, the watercolor is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is just so beautiful! I'm in total awww of this card!

Charlene said...

This is so so pretty!

Robin K. said...

Stunning coloring!

Joan V said...

Wow, simply gorgeous.

Taunya Butler said...

I really must tell you how relaxing and soothing this card was - the colors and tones are so soft! You just floored be with the stunning beauty of this card!! Kudos to you!!

Lady Fair said...

Love this, the colors are so pleasing!