Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Spring Is Almost....Here!

http://shop.pennyblackinc.com/p/delicate-bloosoms/wood-mounted-rubber-stamp?pp=8
Can you feel that Spring is almost here?
Well, not really, not in my neck of the woods. 
Here's a look of my backyard and a corner of my family room TODAY...
 When I look out from my windows, it is completely, definitely and totally FROZEN.
We purposely put Mickey there to brighten up the corner :)
But, with my new stamp Delicate Blossom and we all feel LOVE is in the air, ...I FEEL Spring!

I inked up the stamp with the remarkable Spectrum Aqua Makers. I used them just like any markers. I then sprayed/misted the water 2-3 times (an arm's length away). I used a small cube of VersaMark and embossed the edges in gold.  Since Japan is famous for its Cherry Blossoms, this card is definitely Asian-inspired. Pink/red, gold and black colors help keep the color scheme in a good and harmonious balance.
you mean the world to me-001  
It took my a couple of sittings to complete this card. Sometimes you've got to let the stamp sit on your desk and see where it would take you...
The sentiment in this set is from Heartfelt (Penny Black). LOVE the sentiment and mixed fonts in this one!
2015-03-031
Well, hurry up, Spring, I am READY for you!
A reminder: My Monthly Stamp Study will take place this Saturday.
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card, Virginia! I love how you inked up that stamp and the gold edge is gorgeous!

LauraJane:) said...

The gold edging is Fabulous!!

conil said...

Gorgeous. Love the gold edging, as well.

Nora N. said...

This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the red and gold colors. The way you outlined the edge in gold is just beautiful. It really ties the whole card together.

It is snowing out AGAIN as I write this and I so want spring. I am tired of old man winter!! Thank you for bringing a little spring into my life today!!

joy said...

This is SO gorgeous, Virginia! One of the prettiest cards you've made, in my opinion!! Love the colors and the design.

I'm guessing it's David??!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty card Virginia, the snow is pretty out the window but I am tired of it as I know you are too!

Lisa said...

Oh my, this is beautiful!! Love the sentiment too!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!
I love what you did here.
It is one of my favorite stamps ;)

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh, Virginia, I REALLY love this card!! So gorgeous with the gold edging, and the impressionist florals. I often leave my projects overnight to see if anything better comes to mind before I put it all together. Sometimes yes, sometimes no, but either way I usually feel more confident about it after I've had some time to think. Your result here is just stunning!!

Maureen said...

Great stamp and beautiful card!! Love it!

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous. Love the watercolour look you achieved with the markers.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! I love the sentiment and I really love how you did the edges!

sandi said...

Have a stupid question, What is stamp study? Love your card

Susanne Vargas said...

The view outside my windows looks about the same... Thanks for brightening my day with your lovely spring card! Love those gold embossed edges!

Melissa F said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and the gold edge detail is stunning! Stay warm!

~amy~ said...

I hope Spring arrives quickly for you! Your card is gorgeous...so pretty!

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks, everyone!
Here's the answer to Sandie's question: My monthly stamp study is to use a stamp set and then I interpret it in a few different ways. Here is last month's link: http://virginialusblog.blogspot.ca/2015/02/virginias-monthly-stamp-study-5.html

Barb Ghig said...

Your cherry blossoms are so pretty, Virginia! LOVE the gold edge, too! This card definitely makes me think of spring...it won't be long now :)

Laura B. said...

such a gorgeous view out your window!!! love your card, too, with the pretty soft blended edges and pop of orange.

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card I love the blossoms.

Taunya Butler said...

OH MY WORD - when you and stamps and ink get together AMAZING things happen!! This card, which I do agree, has a genuinely pleasing Asian flavor to it, is just so beautiful and incredibly stunning in the colors you have chosen and the way you chose to showcase the stamp!! I love your work - it is always so inspiring and I learn new ways to think about stamping and crafting!!! Thank you!!