Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Is Here!

I was in the mood for making a Spring-theme card today...I made this card THIS very morning.
This stamp "Delicate Blossoms" from Penny Black is perfect for this.
Thank You
I chose to stamp on pattern paper (Prima Flower, Epiphany). It gives you the instant depth and texture that you want. Because I stamped it in CLING form, I can use it with MISTI. If you have a MISTI and want to use this stamp, you will have to take off it the woodblock in order to use it with MISTI.  While I had so much fun stamping, I also added the embossed Blossoms on vellum paper. I love the light and airy effect the flowers give.
033
With the multiple colors from inking up the small Memento inks, you can get really beautiful shades and hues. I did it in the similar manner as in my previous video.

I found these images on the net and put them together.
Now I can't wait to see my own Flowering Almond in my front yard.
It's time for me to prepare for the Sushi party for Stephanie's friends tonight!
Happy Spring!   

edited: here is a Sushi party snap shot

33 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful Virginia, just beautiful!

conil said...

Boy, that really is Spring and simply gorgeous.

Susanne Vargas said...

So beautiful with the vellum flowers! Perfect spring card!

Shelly said...

Absolutely, gorgeous! Love!
Happy Friday and Happy Spring, Virginia! Have a great weekend!

Tonya Jastad said...

So pretty!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So, so beautiful! You're right about the depth! :)

Barb said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the buds bloom here too, V! Your card is so beautiful! Happy spring! ♥

Sheila H said...

Your stamping is so delicate and so pretty, Virginia.

Happy Dance said...

Stunning cherry blossom card, Virginia. The depth and intricacy of the inks and embossing is really lovely. Love those blended pinks. And the sushi looks pretty delicious too! Lucky daughter!! Have a great weekend. Bev

Lynn said...

Oh how beautiful. I adore your beautiful stamping Virginia.

Deepti said...

Oh so beautiful !!

Greta said...

Amazing card, Virginia--so beautiful!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

I fell in love with your card Virginia, sooooo pretty.
Now I´ll have to see if I can find the patterned papers from Prima i Sweden.

Have a lovely weekend.
Big hugs for you/Gunilla

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Lovely spring card, Virginia, and I love the cherry blossom photos you found!

Cindy C. said...

So lovely!!

Laura Norris said...

Lovely spring card!

PiecesByEmily said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love that you added the vellum flower.

Julie Hoffman said...

Beautiful! Love how you stamped on the patterned paper! Brilliant!

alexandra s.m. said...

Amazing Card my Friend!

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness that wooden stamp is absolutely gorgeous! Stunning card Virginia! And I love Sushi!!!! Wish I could have been there!

Carol McCready said...

Fantastic cards. The pics are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card and pics, Miss Lady!!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous stamping!
Fun sushi party!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card Virginia--can't wait to see the flowering trees in bloom too, You are an amazing Mom! Hope Stephanie has a fun party!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful card! I love the flowers, it's so pretty and springy!

Lee-Anne said...

Stunning card! Love the colors!

Bobby said...

Your card is beautiful, Virginia. I love the variety of pinks you got.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Di said...

I love your card, colours, the lot.

Di

Ksenija Rizova said...

Virginia, this is a wonderful card. Love the colours and few embossed raised flowers! They add dimension and tenderness! -Ksenija

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Simply stunning, Virginia! I adore cherry blossoms!

Vikki Hein said...

this is a fabulous card with the soft blossoms & all. I enjoy your blog and follow it daily.

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful - your card made me feel as if I was right in the middle of the inspiration photo!! So excellently done - so stunning!!