Sunday, March 29, 2015

Stamping Geometric Patterns with MISTI

Hello friends! 
Geometric patterns can be all fun and artsy on cards, but to me, they can be a bit tricky to stamp.
Well, fear not, here comes MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) to the rescue! 
Normally, I would not be attempting to stamp a design that is too complicated. The sheer frustration and waste from stamping crooked lines would have taken away the joy of stamping!

I don't use enough of this stamp set called
 Rectangled and Triangled (Winnie & Walter).
 I took the solid row of triangles and created this card. Yeah, just one solid row will give you this....
don't forget
  I thought the sentiment from In Every Way (Waffle Flower) is perfect for this. The handwriting in the sentiment was easy enough to be stamped in multiple colors because the letters are pretty spaced out. I do not like to have interruptions when stamping this type of cards. Thankfully I could do it all in one sitting without wasting any paper! Edited: the inks that I used in this card are predominantly from Simon Says Stamp and Hero Arts.
Those 3 silver solid triangles were embossed without using MISTI (yay)! Also, to keep the triangle theme going, I added 3 sequins-no more, no less.

Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

My goodness Virginia. This is awesome. I must get a MISTI

Joyce Spear said...

Oh my, Virginia! Your cards are always remarkable, but since you've gotten the MISTI it seems to me like you're outdoing yourself daily! I especially love your color choices on today's card (but then I'm always a fan of bright colors). I am a proud owner of a MISTI because of you, and I haven't had one second of regret. I look forward to learning even more from you about this incredible tool!

Sheila H said...

Your stamping talent is awesome, Virginia! I love the geometric patterns and the Spring colors. You are really working your Misti :)

Tammy J said...

Gorgeous card and love the colors. Good job. Don't u just love the MISTI. I love mine.

Jackie Parkins said...

Love this! That stamp set is on its way to me and I can't wait to try it out on my MISTI.

conil said...

Delightful. Love this MISTI for this purpose (among others) so much. Thing the addition of the multi-colored sentiment and those silver triangles is brilliant.

Barb said...

This card is what is so AWESOME! Love it, V! ♥

Laura Norris said...

What a fun card! Great stamping with the misti.

Harriet said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia, makes Misti a much needed implement.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your multicolored triangle rows, Virginia! I'm still hoping to get a MISTI, even more so now that I've seen all your lovely creations with it!!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Wow, I like this!!! I thought I didn't need a misty since I never make more than one card with the same design. But now I saw how you used it I might need this tool as well...

Michelle said...

I've had this "thing" about patterns lately. I LOVE seeing them! This is beautiful, Virginia.

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Happy Dance said...

Love this fun, bright card! It just might be the "Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented!" You should do a video to accompany this card too; it's just fantastic. LOVE the rainbow sentiment. So cool how even the MISTI works so well for sentiments too. Great card. Just love it! My MISTI should be here this week! Bev

Susanne Vargas said...

This is such a stunning and colorful card! Love everything about it!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh, you're getting my wheels turning! Graphic stamping without having to eyeball it! Gorgeous colors and I love the silver triangles with your wonderful patterns!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! Love overlapping triangles and that you embossed some in silver!

Robin K. said...

Oh my goodness Virginia!!! The results you are achieving with the MISTI are incredible!! Love the bold, graphic style of your design!!

Becca Cruger said...

This is SOOOO beautiful! I am so jealous of your MISTI!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, I love it!!!

Taunya Butler said...

Stunningly done!! Gorgeous, bright, vivid colors - just incredible!!!

Laura B. said...

The triangles, the colors, the awesome stamping with the MISTI...I die! I literally am dying right now! Can't handle this awesome card!!!!