Sunday, March 15, 2015

Stamps +Stencil +Inks= FUN

Hello! I am popping in with a quick post. Today's card was inspired by Catherine Pooler, founder of StampNation. Catherine created a set of cards with stencils, dies and stamps. I was so inspired that I created one with my own twist on it. Currently, I am running Virginia's Stamp Clinic over StampNation. This month I am showcasing a flower stamp set with different types of styles and techniques. It has been a lot of fun.

For this card, I totally enjoyed playing with stamps, stencils and inks!
yay!
Supplies: Polka Dots stencil (Heidi Swapp), Party Kit (Mama Elephant), Distress Inks, White Embossing Paste (Wendi Vecchi), sequins, vellum, Michael's card stock

The special feature of this card is that I added white embossing paste and glitter by using the stencil. I did use MISTI when I stamped the heart balloon as you can see the variation of colors.
Hope your day is a special one.

17 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

beautifully done Virginia. Love the graduated colours on your dotty background.

joy said...

so pretty! I can tell you are loving the Misti.

Carolyn said...

I love the background, it reminds me of paper candy dots!

Sheila H said...

What a cute card! The multi-colored dots are a great background for your balloon and air pump.

Cindy C. said...

How fun it this!!! Love that balloon!

sunshinelouisiana said...

I am SO loving that balloon and the whole process, Virginia! And I'm having fun with your clinics at Stamp Nation...keep up the good work. You are awesome, Sistah!!
Hugs,
Sharon {aka Sunshine}

Bobby said...

Love all the stenciled color and the strings on the balloons.

conil said...

What an adorable and clever card. Great color, awesome design.

Melissa F said...

Love your card, the rainbow polka dot background is awesome!

alexandra s.m. said...

so creative and artistic Virginia!
Love it!!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a bright fun card! I love the embossing paste detail and the colors through the stencil. I also love how you connected the balloon to the helium tank!

Miriam Prantner said...

This looks like lots of fun! Love all the colors!

Charlene said...

SO colorful and fun!!

Robin K. said...

Fun card Virginia! The bg does remind me of candy dots!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so FUN! Lovin' those dots and balloon!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous my friend!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Gorgeous card & fabulous techniques :)