Monday, March 23, 2015

Stretch Your Dies Online Card Class

Hello, friends!
I have been taking the online card class "Stretch Your Dies" this past week. There are so many great ideas and videos to inspire you. If you have lots of dies and have never tried the online card class, this is the one to try! You have lifetime access to it, so it's never too late to take the class at your own pace!

The technique that I love the most is from Day 5. Dawn Woleslagle 
showed a really cool technique using a flower/die combo set.

I love this Simon Say Stamp set "Flowers on My Mind" that came in the Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit.  I don't have the matching flower dies (see here) and Copic Air Brush system.  But that did not deter me from trying out the technique.

I used Distress Inks and fussy cut my stamped images to create the bold and colorful background. 
thank you
I then stamped the flower and embossed the sentiment (in WOW Embossing Powder) on vellum. To finish it off, I added sequins and strings-voila!

Lastly, I want to share the beautiful hostess gift that I received from hosting the Sushi party last Friday! Stephanie's friends were so sweet that they got me this cupcake flower arrangement!
 It makes me happy every time I look at it! I sneaked in my card with the flowers, too.... :)

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Laura B. said...

wow, awesome way to use the technique from the stretch your dies class! hello gorgeous bouquet! I bet your sushi party was out of this world!!!!

conil said...

Aaaah, now I know where you got your inspiration for this really happy, Spring-y card. Gorgeous, by the way. So's the flower arrangement.

Becca Cruger said...

I can see that bright bouquet's influence all over your adorable card! Gorgeous work!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that colorful background you created! The card looks gorgeous with those flowers, so nice of Stephanie's friends!

~amy~ said...

Awesome card, love all of the blooms.

What a great group of friends to get you that bouquet!

alexandra s.m. said...

so creative! Love your card Virginia!!

Kara Lynne said...

Your blooms look so beautiful, especially next to your real ones. I love the vibrant colors in the background! Another gorgeous card, Virginia!

Sheila H said...

Your card is wonderful, Virginia. And so is your thank you gift.

Lisa said...

Terrific card Virginia, love all of the blooms! Pretty fresh flowers too ;)

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous and what delightful young ones to bring such a nice gift for you. The card looks great with the flowers.

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Virginia! You always amaze with your creations! ;) And how sweet are those flowers?!!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

such a super cool design! LOVE your card!

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card. I'm taking the class and love it.

Barb Ghig said...

Amazing job on Dawn's technique...LOVE the color palette, too! How sweet that Stephanie's friends sent you such a lovely arrangement!

Taunya Butler said...

Unbelievably gorgeous and an amazing technique!! Looks as lovely as your bouquet of real flowers you have it standing next to!! Superbly done!!