Saturday, March 7, 2015

Virginia's Monthly Stamp Study #6

Welcome to another installment of my monthly stamp study! This series takes place on the first Saturday of every month.
 In case you are not familiar with this study, here are the previous posts.

Study #1 Berry Merry Christmas (Penny Black)
Study #2 Simply Quilted (Clearly Besotted)
Study #3 Persian Motif (Altenew)
Study #4 Woodland Wonders (Penny Black)
Study #5 Whimsical Flowers (Altenew)
and the new Study #6 Triangle Background (Hero Arts)
 
Today, I have the pleasure of sharing my cards with one particular background stamp.


Triangle Background


Card#1 Hello Friend
 Hello friend 
~when in doubt, create a colorful background....I did this while watching TV. Peerless watercolors makes it easy.
~perhaps it was a tad too colorful? I toned it down with some vellum and black card stock.
~a matching colorful sentiment is the way to go.

Card #2 Life is Beautiful
Life is Beautiful
~gold embossing makes everything rich and beautiful--true!?
~coloring the flower with rich tones complements the glitzy background

 Card #3 so very thankful
so very thankful for you
~the background may look boring...but it doesn't have to be. I added some silver embossed triangles to jazz it up
~watercolored sentiment helps soften the design

Card #4 Happy Birthday
happy birthday
~with a colorful background, I added layered dies and sentiment to complete the design.


Here are my two previous cards from the same stamp. If you want more details about them, just click on the photo and it will take you to the blog post.
      
I hope you enjoyed seeing this stamp study.
A background stamp doesn't have to be the" unsung hero"...it can be the STAR :)

I truly appreciate your feedback and comments.
Thanks for stopping by!

33 comments:

Thordis said...

Wow Virginia! These are all gorgeous!
I love your monthly stamp study :)

Maureen Morton said...

I am LOVING each and every one of these amazing cards, Virginia! Thanks for the inspiration (I can't wait to open my brand new water color set)!

sunshinelouisiana said...

Wow, Virginia! You ROCKED these cards...I'm so glad you are doing this study! I'm definitely inspired! And that background stamp you used with such versatility!

Barb said...

Fabulous cards, V! Love all the different looks with that stamp! So fun and colorful! ♥

conil said...

I'd say this sttamp is a must have. So versatile and you made each card something really special. Love the gradient look of the blue card best.

pcm said...

fab! you have really come into your own with stamping and blogging! you go girl!

Dotty Jo x said...

Beautiful and inspiring cards! Jo x

Annette Allen said...

wow these backgrounds are outstanding.. great designing..

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I love all the different ways you used the background!

Bobby said...

These are gorgeous, Virginia, and a great way to focus on the background.

Susanne Vargas said...

I love your stamp studies! That background is on my wish list and now I know where to turn to for inspiration! Amazing, all the different cards you made with this one background!

Stampy Sister said...

I'm new to your blog. I love your stamp study. It is a reminder to always keep looking at our stamps in a fresh way!

Mandy LaCroix said...

Great work! Brilliant Ms Virginia!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Each card is gorgeous! You have shown just how fantastic a background stamp can be! It's a wonderful graphic stamp too. I love this series you're doing!

Shelly said...

WOW. Gorgeous cards, Virginia! Lovin' the background stamp!

Lin said...

Oh, you made this one sing, V! So much so, I just added it to my wishlist........Love them all, but the shades of blue is dazzling!

Sheila H said...

You can really work a stamp, Virginia. Each card is perfect in its own way.

Tenia Nelson said...

WOW!! That's all I got!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia--wow wow wow my friend your cards are all so beautiful. I love your monthly stamp study because I get to see what you can do when you push yourself--LOVE!

Dawn Turley said...

so inspiring Virginia. All are so beautiful

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love all of these!

Deepti said...

Love the variety !! You totally rock :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wonderful cards with that new Triangle Background, Virginia!!

Kristie Goulet said...

These are all great, Virginia! LOVE them all!

Harriet said...

Wow, excellent cards, excellent color.....great stamp!!

Carole said...

great stamp and ideas

Taunya Butler said...

Well - I loved every single one of these cards where you took this particular "unsung hero" and turned is into the STAR!!! And shine it did - these cards are awesome!!! That particular card with the three vellum banners sewn on at the top of the card - WOW, that is one of yours I will definitely be trying to make - love the way it looks!!! Awesome and thanks for this post!!!

Niki G said...

Virginia! You totally outdid yourself and came up with AWESOME designs...LOVED EVERY SINGLE ONE!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I adore your Ode to Triangles my Friend!!
BRAVO ;)

Joni Andaya said...

Beautiful projects!!!

Carol McCready said...

Love all your cards. The gold one (#2) is fabulous.

Laura B. said...

Holy Toledo! the color!!!!!! #1 slayed me! All of them are amazing! Awesome schtuff right there!

Isha Gupta said...

Beautiful cards Virginia!