Sunday, April 5, 2015

Add Colors/Shading with MISTI

Hello friends, Happy Easter to you and your family!
I have yet ANOTHER wedding card created with MISTI! I hope this is not turning you off...I simply can't stop playing with MISTI as I am having fun experimenting with it with assorted stamps and techniques.  You probably all know that MISTI is GREAT when mass producing cards. But for me, the biggest draw to this Cadillac stamping positioner is how you can stamp the same image over and over and add colors to it. Here is my first video with MISTI (in case you missed seeing it).

I used Penny Black's stamp set You & Me.
 The pear image in this stamp set is really not that big. To add colors with the Rock and Roll technique can be hit and miss...and if you go back to stamp on the exact same spot, you may not be able to get it spot on...well, you know what I mean.

Here is a quick video to show you how I stamped the pears. The colors are not exactly shown as the card, but you get the idea.
Naturally, each pear is unique and different ...
  I like to show a bit of variation in the color of the pears. Each image was stamped multiple times. The pair of pears were stamped in 6 colors (light green, dark green, yellow, orange, pink and red).
I added the gold string (American Crafts) and gold-embossed the sentiment.
Gotta love that golden touch.
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Barb said...

Fun video, Virginia and love your beautiful card! Happy Easter to you and your family! ♥

conil said...

You won't believe this. Your post popped up just as I was playing around with my MISTI. Love this thing, it's dynamite for your technique and a myriad of others. Pulled out some of my very old cling stamps which turned out to be perfect for this phenomenal tool.

Lynn said...

My MISTI is on its way to me! Love your card Virginia and all the amazing inspiration you are providing!

Taunya Butler said...

Well, you are super inspiring and this card is gorgeous!! Love those rich, ripe looking pears in your circle - love how they are accented as the perfect pair out of all the ones you stamped!! Super fabulous!! Love that you are enjoying your Misti so much - I think you are becoming a pro!! Thanks for sharing and for being so artistic!!

Carol McCready said...

Those pears turned out gorgeous.
Love watching you use the Misti.

Harriet said...

Great card, Virginia, Misti....gotta get one.

Sheila H said...

Happy Easter! Thanks for sharing more of your Misti projects. They are perfectly beautiful.

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Virginia, love the touches of gold!

Alanna said...

What fun cards. I love the pears.

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous Virginia. It's an awesome way to get multi colours on the images.

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous Virginia...love all the green!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful shading! Love the depth that it adds!

Shelly said...

So pretty, Virginia!

Bobby said...

My MISTI is on it's way. After making a card where the stamping was splotchy, I decided it was time. I love how you've done so much with yours, Virginia. Those pears are scrumptious.