Monday, April 13, 2015

Home from Vegas!

I had a few days of blog break (Apr. 7-12)....
The truth is, Dr. John and I went to Las Vegas for the first time! There was no major reason to go, it's just one of those places on our bucket list.We met up with our long time friends Joe and Linda and had a great time fine-dining and watching shows.

It was a good break as we saw three major productions--Jersey Boys, "O" from Cirque Du Soleil and Sir Elton John's Million Dollar Piano in Caesars Palace. I loved all of the three shows, but Jersey Boys took me by surprise by how much I enjoyed it...Perhaps it's because I listened to quite a few hit songs from the "Four Seasons" when I was growing up in Taiwan. Anyways, I can now say that Dr. John and I are no longer "slot machine virgins" (LOL). Our friend Joe (and Linda) actually gave us a crash course: Slot Machine 101. We tried our hand at the slot machines and lost our friends' $20!

Here is a StampNation feature about little me (in case you are new to my blog) and I shared the story of how I came to Canada. This is the upcoming event happening over StampNation.... (my card is in the top right corner).
Hope you are doing well. I am recovering from the "hangover" from Vegas...(no, I didn't drink, I am just tired from all the sights and sounds and the 3 buffets that we endured).

13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Welcome home Virginia! Your trip sounds (like all of your trips) delightful. Yes there totally is such a things as a Vegas hangover! Can't wait to hear more--went over to SN and left you a comment there too!

Judy1223 said...

Welcome home, Virginia! We took a family vacation to Vegas last summer and had a lot of fun (although we never did actually play the slots, can you believe it?)! We saw the Blue Man Group and that was a fun show for the whole family. It is amazing how that place lights up at night, isn't it? So glad you had fun!

Barb said...

I'm so glad you experienced Vegas! When we were there, we also saw Cirque Du Soleil "O" and it was amazing! I've seen Jersey Boys too - fabulous with such awesome music! I cannot believe you've never played a slot machine before. Definitely risky but so fun! Glad you enjoyed it, V! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

Looks like a great trip. Great shows that you went to. And loved your romantic story of your arrival in Canada. Great interview at StampNation.

alexandra s.m. said...

I bet you are happy to be back ;)
Love your post Virginia! It really made me laugh!
Welcome back to the real world!
HUgs~

Miriam Prantner said...

So fun! Glad you guys had a good trip, I love Jersey Boys!

conil said...

Vegas IS definitely an experience. One I won't be repeating any time soon. Sounds as though you and Dr. John did the town up well, though. Yes, the buffets will get you, every time. I felt the same way when I saw Jersey Boys, loved every song and minute of it. Welcome back!

Kara Lynne said...

So glad you had a wonderful time! It sounds like you saw some amazing shows. I saw Jersey Boys and had the same reaction that you did!

Shelly said...

Welcome back home! Sounds like a fun time! Glad you enjoyed yourself! ;)

Taunya Butler said...

What a fun thing for you - to be able to visit Las Vegas!! Glad you were able to go!! Hope you rest up and are feeling great in no time!! So fun to see all the pics!!

Cindy C. said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! Will we be seeing some Vegas style projects soon?! ;)

Barb Ghig said...

Belated welcome home, Virginia! Looks (and sounds) like you had a really great time! I'm so glad you enjoyed all the shows...especially Jersey Boys, since I'm a 'Jersey Girl' - LOL! Thanks for sharing all these great photos with us, too!

Laura B. said...

Oooooh Vegas!!! How fun! The food looked incredible!