Friday, April 24, 2015

In the Mood for Water-coloring...

 Hey friends!
I was in the mood for coloring the other day and was itching to play with my new 3rd set of Spectrum Aqua Markers (Floral). You may have heard lots of rave reviews about these water-coloring markers already. But I can tell you, these markers sure my you feel like "you can do anything"!!
First, I used MISTI to help align the stamp and then stamped the images with Aqua Markers. It's easy to manipulate the stamp when you can check the image (with Misti) before you make that first impression. Then I spent a good half hour coloring this Divine Cling Stamp from Penny Black.
OK...perhaps it took longer? I don't honestly know. I really enjoyed the process of coloring (which is rare). I am not known as a patient person ( my kids have made it known to me ) to color large open images like this. But with these markers, I kind of felt like an "artist"! Here was my first attempt with the same stamp with Aqua markers (if interested).
have a fabulous birthday!
Besides coloring the images with Spectrum Aqua markers, I added some shine with Gelato Gold (at the bottom) and splattered the white Pico Embellisher for the white dotty details.
(for details of the products I used, please click on the links below)

Lastly, did you notice my side bar has a Craftsy Class link?
 
 Yeah, I have been taking classes from Craftsy and find the classes really awesome. So Far, I took two classes (Cards with Dimensions and Fun with Mixed Media) on my own and I find that the class fees are VERY reasonable/affordable. It's cheaper than what a local stamping class can offer, plus, you can take it any time in the comfort of your home in your PJs...24/7.

This class looks so interesting. I plan to take this one!


I took this free class first....you get the idea of the class format:
Create Stunning Birthday Cards (w/ Kimberly McGray) <---- FREE!
There are some great deals going on right now...including this one taught by my dear friend Laura:
Vibrant Stamping (w/Laura Contoni-Bassen) <----$14.99!
Free paper crafters patterns and classes:
Top Trending Free Paper Crafts Templates  <----FREE!
More Craftsy Free Classes <----FREE

Signing-up is super easy, I used my Facebook account and it was so convenient. I thought it would be good to pass on these info.
Hope you enjoy your weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!

27 comments:

Brandi said...

Virginia this is just beautiful. You did an amazing job coloring them.

Joan said...

Virginia, your colors are always gorgeous and eye-catching! This card is absolutely beautiful and inspires me to do more coloring.

conil said...

Virginia, this is really gorgeous. Beautiful watercolor. Amazing shading.

Sue McRae said...

Love the colours from these markers! I think I'll have to add them to my wish list.

lostinpaper said...

One word... Stunning! No, no, actually make it two.... Pinned!

Milka Gubo said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love it! Your watercoloring is amazing Virginia. :-D

Taunya Butler said...

I think you are an artist and YOU can do anything!! Your card has such a fluid and ethereal beauty to it!! It just floats in beauty!! You have done a super stunning job with y our MISTI and those markers!! SO very impressive - love how talented you are!! And, one more time, THIS CARD IS BEAUTIFUL!!! in case you didn't realize it yet!!!

Deepti said...

Wow water coloring!!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Gorgeous - love the rich bold colours!

Cris G said...

Wow! This card is so pretty! Love your water coloring and also the b&w panel behind.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is a truly stunning card! I love the brightness of your colors, and isn't so fun to just get lost in your "work" ? Hugs!

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Lisa said...

SWOON!! This is stunning, frame worthy for sure!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Virginia! A little work of art that could be framed!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful!

Bellule said...

So beautiful !!

Cindy C. said...

Beautifully done!! Gorgeous watercolours!!

Harriet said...

I love, love to color, perhaps a throw back to childhood?......your cards are breathtaking Virginia.

GeeCee said...

Stunning, stunning card! Thank you for sharing your gifts in paper-crafting! With your recommendations...I signed up for some free classes on Craftsy! Thanks Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

YOu are a real Artist my Friend! and a watercolor Diva on top of that! Boy, these markers sure tempt me!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us and your review about the markers and the classes ;)

Carol McCready said...

The card is beautiful Virginia.
Thank you for sharing. Had to pin it.

Shelly said...

Hello beautiful! Stunning card, Virginia!

Bobby said...

This is gorgeous, Virginia. I just got this stamp and I hope I can do half as good a job on it. No aqua markers so I hope my Inktense pencils will give me what I want.

Miriam Prantner said...

Those flowers look AMAZING!!!! I am loving the look. I think I might need some of those aqua markers!

Lagene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely STUNNING card, Virginia! Your water coloring is so pretty and your details are perfect...What a special card this is!

Laura B. said...

This card made my jaw DROP!!!! Looks like I need to get some spectrum aqua markers, like yesterday!!! You have worked some serious magic with these things!