Friday, April 10, 2015

It's All About the Sentiment!

Hi there!
I am sharing an "old" card that I made for a publication call last year. It never came to fruition because Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking closed before they made the decision about this particular call. I finally remember this card and thought that I would share it now...

The theme was for sentiment. I had combined almost all the sentiment in Many Thanks.
thank you
 I am no expert on cards like these...(all about the sentiment). But I think the key is to arrange the sentiment in a pleasing way. Adding various colors also helps. That small circle stamp actually plays an important part in this design. I also like the small font from this stamp set. It makes great borders, huh? I hope this inspires you to look at sentiment set in a creative way.

 Thanks for stopping by! 

17 comments:

Barb said...

Such a fun card, Virginia! Love your color choices! ♥

donna mikasa said...

Love the many thanks here--so fun and colorful!

Dawn Turley said...

Lovely card Virginia

Lynn said...

I think this is fabulous especially love the border of thanks.

Keren Baker said...

Another cracker! Love the subway style and bright colours. I must dig out my 'never got published ones too'!

Susan Raihala said...

Fabulous card, Virginia! Great placement of the sentiments and use of color, too!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this colorful typography, great placement of the sentiments!

Harriet said...

Virginia you inspire me daily and today is no exception. I like your card, the colors, the different fonts........super!!

conil said...

Too bad they closed cuz this would have been published, for sure. Great layout. I know these types of cards can be difficult but you nailed it.

Kara Lynne said...

I love the balance of your design! Sentiments are sometimes an after thought for me, but they shouldn't be!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card.. love all the stamped sentiments..

Lisa said...

Love this Virginia and I think it would have been in the magazine! So sad all of the magazines are going by the wayside :(

Happy Dance said...

I got a couple of cards sent back too, Virginia. So sad the magazine closed down... This is such a great example of a sentiment focused card. That black circle 'thanks' really draws your eye in, and then you look and see all the lovely other 'thank yous.' Brilliant colors too. Just wonderful. Bev

Clare said...

That solid thanks image really does pull everything together! I don't think I could put this many sentiments together half so well!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous design.

Carol McCready said...

Love the border on the card.

Taunya Butler said...

Virginia - I am indeed inspired to give a Sentiments only card a try!! You have done a super great job on this card - awesome colors and I especially love the little thanks that you used around the border!! Super amazing!! Gonna give this a try!!