Sunday, April 26, 2015

Scandinavian Flowers

Hi friends!
I was one of the lucky winners of the Neat and Tangled new release blog hop a while ago.
And this stamp set was the prize! Thank you, Miriam (who designed this stamp set), for picking me!
I had a plan....a grand plan for this stamp set.
After two tries of embossing the images in white on vellum with the help of MISTI, I decided that I needed to make it work despite the poor outcomes.

I used my anti-static powder bag before embossing, but the embossing was still too messy. I turned the white- embossed image and used the backside. Then I matched it up with this busy Basic Grey pattern paper (which I had no idea what to do it with).
kindred spirit...
I think this is a beautiful marriage after all :)

I am passing on some info about classes over Craftsy ( please see my side bar).
I took this free class first....you get the idea of the class format:
Create Stunning Birthday Cards (w/ Kimberly McGray) <---- FREE!
There are some great deals going on right now...including this one taught by my dear friend Laura:
Vibrant Stamping (w/Laura Contoni-Bassen) <----$14.99!
Free paper crafters patterns and classes:
Top Trending Free Paper Crafts Templates  <----FREE!
More Craftsy Free Classes <----FREE
Signing-up is super easy, I used my Facebook account and it was so convenient. 
Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Thanks so much for the class ideas but mostly thanks for the incredible things I learn while at your blog. Such a cool idea to turn the vellum over - I probably would have just thrown my piece away but you always find ways to make your own magic!! Kudos to you by the bucketfuls!!!

~amy~ said...

Looks AWESOME.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous!

Laura Norris said...

This is so pretty! I think it was a great way to use the patterned paper and your velum piece. Great combination!

Dotty Jo x said...

Looks lovely! Jo x

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous and just demonstrates your ingenuity and flexibility! I love how you were able to use the piece despite having embossing troubles, and it's perfect to soften that BG paper! LOVE!!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Bobby said...

Putting that embossed vellum over a bright pattern is a good way to show off the paper without letting it take over the card. Love it, Virginia.

Barb Ghig said...

You sure did make this work! And, beautifully, too! Great idea to turn the vellum around...a clever solution for a really pretty card, Virginia!

I love the classes over at Craftsy! Laura's class was amazing and I'm really looking forward to Deepti's (Dee's Art Utopia) upcoming classes! Thanks for the info on the freebies :)

Carol McCready said...

Fabulous card. Love those bright colors with the white.