Friday, April 17, 2015

Simon Says Stamp April Card Kit

Hey friends! Have you checked out Simon Says Stamp's April Card Kit?
I am popping in to share some cards that I made with this Kit. When I came back from Vegas last week, I was happy to see that this kit was waiting for me to get inky....

I am proud to say that I used ALL of the stamps from this set in my first card.
Yay!
I stamped the entire card with the help of my trusty MISTI. I started with the largest sentiments and went from there....filling up the smaller space as I went. I added small strips of Washi tape (included in the kit) and added gold thread for the balloon.

 My 2nd card was a bit more random...I had made this watercolor background a while ago as I was in the mood to create with colors. 
happy birthday
Then this kit came along. I simply stamped the sentiment and used the Rub-On. I love how the strip of gold/kraft paper add the extra shine to this design


Today happens to be my hubby Dr. John's birthday!
Here are some of the highlights from Vegas. This trip was his birthday present from ME!


I am giving him the first card for his birthday and we will be celebrating by dining at his favorite steak house! Happy Friday!
Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Two gorgeous cards! And Happy birthday to Dr John, Jo x

Ruby Craft said...

Happy Birthday Dr. John!

LauraJane:) said...

Birthday Blessings Dr.John:)

Susi Kelly said...

Lovely cards, Virginia - I especially like the touches of gold in your 2nd card! Happy BDay to Dr. John - and a belated HB to your lovely daughter too!

aaga said...

You're still very adorable together. Happy birthday to your hubby!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Happy Birthday to Dr John! Sounds like Vegas was a fun time~

Lin said...

Happy Birthday, Dr. John! Love your cards today, V!

Bellule said...

J'ai un énorme coup de cœur pour la première carte avec cette multitude de sentiments colorés.
Bon anniversaire à ton époux !
Bises.

Arlene said...

Looks like you had a fun time. A Big Happy Birthday to Dr. John.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Happy Hubby Birthday! Cool cards, Virginia - especially your second one - swoon!

conil said...

You seem to have a few important birthday's in April so this kit has come in very handy, I see. That first card is really celebratory and fun...love the MISTI for this use. And the color on your second card's background is perfect for those rub-ons.

Harriet said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia and Happy day to Dr. John!!!

Cindy C. said...

Sweet birthday cards!! Happy Birthday Dr. John!!! Wishing you both a wonderful evening!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I love the first one with all those sentiments!

Lisa said...

Fabulous pair of cards Virginia! Happy birthday to Dr. John!!

Dawn Turley said...

Happy Birthday Dr John. An awesome card you've made Virginia. I've got my MISTI but haven't used it yet...

~amy~ said...

Love your cards virgina...such awesome colors.
Happy belated to Dr. John!

alexandra s.m. said...

Happy Belated Birthday Dr John!!
We thought of you as we celebrated our 22nd anniversary! Love the pictures of the two of you and the marvelous cards!
Thanks Virginia~

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling cards, Virginia - so colorful and creative! Belated birthday wishes to Dr. John - hope you had a great trip!

Nora N. said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Dr. John!!

LOVE the cards you created, Virginia. The colors are so happy and springy (that is not a word but I am going with it!) Fabulous design!

Deepti said...

Belated birthday wishes to Dr John :) Vegas seems like fun and your cards re forever amazing !

Barb Ghig said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Dr. John! Great photos from Vegas...especially the one with Elton John in the background (I'm such a huge fan)!

Two gorgeous cards, Virginia! I love how you stamped all the sentiments on the first one, and your water colored panel is perfect with all the shimmer an shine from the kit!

Carol McCready said...

Happy birthday to Dr. John.
Love your cards; especially all that color in the second one.

sunshinelouisiana said...

I absolutely LOVE the way you did the mix of all the stamps sentiments, Virginia...I must try that with my Misti...perfect for that technique! The second one is so pretty and colorful, too. Tell Dr. John Happy Birthday for me and I hope you two have a wonderful celebration!
Sunshine xoxo

Taunya Butler said...

I love your first card with all those fun sentiment stamps and the one balloon with thread for the string!! The second card is gorgeous with its' vivid and color-bursting background!! Love what you created with this April card kit!!! Kudos to you!!

Cris G said...

Happy belated birthday to Dr. John and Stephanie! Your happy and vibrant cards say it all.