Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #310


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

 Happy Birthday  
  We are using Simon Says Stamp products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

 From Simon Says Stamp: "please make a happy birthday celebration creation !
We are celebrating our 6th Birthday ! WOO HOO ! Our 1st ever challenge was on Wednesday 1st April 2009, hasn’t time flown ! We would like to take this opportunity to thank YOU all for joining in with the challenges !"

Here is the important part: 

To mark this special occasion Simon Says Stamp will be giving away not 1 but 6 $50 vouchers to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store !

202804_10204739573708198_1396553586455701498_o
For my project, I am using the Balloon Bouquet (one of my favorite Simon Says Stamp dies).  You can actually see two of my cards at this link. I started out with a colorful water-colored background that I created. Then  I made several die cut. I layered  and stacked them and added as many balloons as possible.
wishing you happy birthday
For the sentiment, I stamped it with Sending and Wishing stamp set with various ink pads that I have (matching the colors of the balloons). I actually used MISTI for this purpose and did it one letter at a time. It's worth the effort!  You can totally do it without MISTI. But this ultimate stamp positioner sure makes it easy and fool proof for stampers like me! 

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!

35 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving all those fantastic balloons! What a great card!

Dotty Jo x said...

This is just so beautiful, Virginia! Jo x

Stephanie said...

Wow, I love, love LOOOVVEE your card Virginia! And what a generous sponsorship of Simon Says - simply incredible!!
Yours, Steph
www.CraftedBySteph.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Love the airy feel of the balloons. Fabulous!

Lin said...

That Misti paid for itself with just this sentiment alone! Beautiful work, my friend!

conil said...

Wowzers! Saw this on the SSS blog and hurried over to tell you how terrific this birthday card is. Love the colorful sentiment and those gorgeous balloons.

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE this!!!

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Love the balloons! I need to try the Peerless watercolors. Been on my wish list for a long long time! Great card!

Jingle said...

I love the pretty colors on this! Very nice!

SonjaK said...

Love this clean but colorful card! It's so much fun.

Deepti said...

So cool! Love the way you used the balloons die :)

Andrea La Vigne said...

What a colorful, cheerful card! Perfect for a happy birthday card. Love the colors, and the way you stamped your greeting, with the multiple ink colors. I wondered if you used a MISTI, and found out you did. I think I'll finally have to use mine today! I've been afraid to use it so far, but it's time to bite the bullet and quite procrastinating! LOL Thanks for sharing your wonderful card. Definitely pinning this one!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, a fabulous bunch of stunning balloons and lovely coloured sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Virginia ... love that you kept those rainbow balloons as outlines ... you've created such a gorgeous light, airy feel! Anita :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia :-) I love the whole design of this and especially the multicoloured sentiment, yup, the mist is on my wish list too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Yuki said...

Such a fun and beautiful card! Love the colorful balloons and matching sentiment! :)

Charlene said...

What a fabulous card Virginia!!

Shelly said...

So fun and pretty! Love those balloons!

Nora N. said...

This is so fun Virginia!! I LOVE how you created that beautiful paper and then cut it out with your balloon die. Such a happy card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adore those colorful outline balloons, Virginia! Looks like a fun challenge for SSS!!

Ruby N said...

So fun!!

Taunya Butler said...

I love the birthday balloons and the way they feel so light and fun!! What a great Happy Birthday card for anyone!! I do think it was worth the work to make the letters f your word separate colors - awesome efforts sometimes make such a big difference!! So very cool and happy!! Have a wonderful night, Miss Virginia!!!

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous card. Love the birthday balloons

debby4000 said...

Such a fabulous card and love all the colours.
luv
Debby

Tracey McNeely said...

I love this so much Virginia! So fun and yet so classy!

Happy Dance said...

Totally love this 'happy' birthday card! And love the idea of creating the rainbow effect for the sentiment. Will definitely be giving this technique a try! Really love this card. Happy Easter. Bev

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So super cute! The balloons are so fun. I think I NEED that die!

Barb Ghig said...

I love, love, love how you inked your sentiment and the balloons are so fun! Such a perfect birthday card, Virginia!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Amazing!!! Love the multi colored die :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Ellen Bornstein said...

great idea for the balloons, have been wondering how to make them pop like that!

Carol McCready said...

Absolutely love those balloons.

Sheila H said...

The balloons rock!

Claire Grantham said...

I'm speechless!! I love the balloons and the bright colours. Cx

jenn shurkus said...

that is an awesome bunch of balloons!!! love how bright and cheery this is :)

Caryn said...

Oh wow, I love the rainbow effect on the sentiment - fantastic card.