Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge # 311


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Showers and/or Spring Flowers

 We are using Memory Box products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

For my project, I am using Memory Box Modern Flower Power Design.

HB to you
 It is so colorful, I actually took photos of my creative process. I started out with the stencil and Distress Inks. I can easily divide the stenciled flower background into different colors. After I completed the background, I splashed tiny droplets of Perfect Pearl (mixed with water). If you look closely, you can see the shine from the Pearlized water droplets. 

As for the flower in the middle? I applied white embossing paste and glitter with the stencil. After it dried, I cut the flower out and used it as centerpiece for the design. 
I then made the die cut from Lawn Fawn's Happy Birthday Border (a piece of black glitter card stock from DCWV was used here).  For the finishing touches, I used silver strings and sequins. Hope you have fun looking at my process.

 
As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 


33 comments:

Caryn said...

So incredibly beautiful - and the flower CUT FROM EMBOSSING PASTE??? So pinching that idea! Fabulous Virginia xxx

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! Such an amazing background! So pretty!

hugs...

Carol McGregor said...

Lovely card. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your project.

Barb said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous card, V! I love all the different colors you used! ♥

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful colors! i am soooo obsessed with those distress inks i just can't stop playing with them!! love this color combo!!

Lin said...

Love your central flower, Virginia - such a great idea!

Jingle said...

What a fun background! Very pretty card!

~amy~ said...

How beautiful!

Harriet said...

Your continue to inspire me. This card is happy.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Just saw this on the SSS blog. Gorgeous card my friend! The colorful background is amazing! Such a happy card. :)

conil said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Saw it on SSS blog and dropped over to say how lovely it is.

Kara Lynne said...

I love your gorgeous colors in your stenciling and WOW, what a great way to use the stencil to make the center flower out of paste! It's like a medallion!

Heather said...

Gorgeous Virginia, I love the multi-colours of the pretty stencil and beautiful details

hugs
Heather xx

Stephanie Leykauf said...

So many HAPPY colors, Virginia! I love this so much!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Yuki said...

Such a beautiful card! I absolutely love the colorful background and the bold sentiment goes perfectly!

lenny said...

Oh wow!!! Stunning card!! That background is AWESOME!!!

Joan VanCourt said...

Wow, what a vivid card. I love it !!!What a fun stencil. Thanks for sharing.

Amaia s Workshop said...

I love it! The idea of the embossing paste for the flower is fantastic.

Sheila H said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your cards are not JUST beautiful! They make us SMILE big time! ALWAYS!!
I also appreciate the way you designed your post with the images of the supplies at the bottom. That must take you forever!
Thanks Sweetie ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Virginia! Hope you are having a good time in Vegas!

Lisa said...

This is lovely Virginia!

Taunya Butler said...

I am always so GENUINELY pleased and impressed and WOWed when I come here to your blog - awesomely done!! This card, with its gorgeous vivid colors and hues and that standout flower that you placed on it -STUNNING!! Love the details you added - the thread and the sequins - This card is just so remarkable!! Thank you for sharing pics of how you did things!!! Hugs to you - have a wonderful rest of the week!!!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, brilliant colours and love how you showed us how you made the background.
luv
Debby

Dawn Turley said...

stunning colours Virginia

Miriam Prantner said...

Stencil two ways, love this!

Shelly said...

ooooh, this is so pretty!

Clare said...

Your blending is gorgeous! The perfect pearls really adds such a nice touch of shimmer! And SO cool how you made the focal flower out of paste!

Teresa Kline said...

fun colors and design...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Carol McCready said...

I love your card. Those colors are fabulous.

Laura B. said...

wowza!!!! stunning card! Love the color so much!

Nora N. said...

What a stunning card Virginia!! Love the colors you used. Thank you for the the pictures on how you created it!!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

This card charmed me! It is extremely beautiful.She exudes joy and good energy. Thank you for photographic tutorial.
Regards,
Bozena