Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge # 312


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the  April Shower/Spring Flower Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Make Your own Background

 We are using My Favorite Things products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

For my card, I used My Favorite Things  Spring Tulips and created my own background with inks and stamps.
thinking of you
This nearly one layer card was easy to create. The sentiment is the only pop-up dimension that was added to the design. I did some hand- stitching on both sides of the panel. I like the polished look. For the embellishment, I added DMC Silver Metallic threads and sequins. Noticed the tiny dots all over the background? That's Liquid Pearl droplets. 

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!
 

28 comments:

Barb said...

Love that beautiful background, Virginia! Such pretty colors! Wonderful card! ♥

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty, Springy background!!

Dotty Jo x said...

Oh Virginia, I just love this card! So pretty and dainty, Jo x

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!! That background is beautiful!!

hugs...

Jingle said...

I love the colors on this! Very pretty!

jenn shurkus said...

gorgeous colors!!

Lisa said...

A beautiful spring card Virginia!!

Lin said...

So fresh, V! Love the way you used vellum here!

Neha said...

Beautiful card, Virginia!

Harriet said...

Virginia....a lovely, happy card.

sandie said...

Such Spring happiness here Virginia, the colours are so fresh. I hope you are well x

Danielle Flanders said...

So pretty, Virginia!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Virginia! I absolutely love the background you've created, it's so pretty
hugs
Mandy xx

Yuki said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love your stamped background and the colors are so beautiful!

conil said...

Wonderful background invoking that feeling of Spring, finally.

LauraJane:) said...

So SPRINGY!!!

Niki G said...

Wow! This is a stunningly happy and cheerful card! Love it Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous background, Virginia! Beautiful colors and the pattern is like expensive designer paper...so pretty!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Great design, Virginia! I love the colors and layering :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, I love your pretty background stamped image, lovely colours and fabulous sentiment panel!!

hugs
Heather xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Virginia - just love your tulip background - so fresh and colorful!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty springy background! I love this card!

Jo Nevill said...

Such a beautiful card, I adore your background of tulips, such gorgeous colours x

Teresa Kline said...

hello Virginia! stunning card, luv the sentiment stamped on vellum...cool! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sparkle & shine 8~*

Nora N. said...

This card is beautiful. The colors you used make me so happy!! STUNNING design!!

Susan said...

LOVE the tulip stamp. Every time I see it I WANT it! LOL! Maybe one day....

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous stamping and the loveliness of those tulips with their stems is greatly enhanced by the thread, sequins and lovely sentiment!! Love how the sentiment is stamped in white on vellum and then the vellum stitched to that bright layer!! Just so beautifully done - super impressed!!!

Caryn said...

This is just gorgeous Virginia, the orange tones just make me feel so HAPPEEEE!