Saturday, April 4, 2015

Virginia's Monthly Stamp Study #7

Hello, friends! It's the first Saturday of the month and that means....
it's time to share my Monthly Stamp Study.
http://shop.pennyblackinc.com/p/gentle-whisper
I am STILL loving and getting more acquainted with my MISTI. All of today's projects are done with this incredible stamping tool. This new (to me) Penny Black Stamp "Gentle Whisper" is quite large (pack size measures approximately 4.4 x 5.7 inches), but it works super well with MISTI.
This card set was part of my "experiment". 

I made 4 cards with different colors of inks. Each card's orchid and leaves contains 2-3 colors/shades of inks. I used the same technique to stamp the images (shown in this video).
card set
I used mostly Memento Inks for these cards. I didn't think to add a sentiment because I like the way they are. Clean and simple, right?

 I decided to use more layering for my next card.
heartfelt thanks
Using patterned paper and vellum helps to anchor my stamped design. As you can tell, I didn't follow EXACTLY the same layout as the stamp.
This time, I filled up the space with the stamped orchid. I used MISTI for added shades of colors (notice the orange and coral colors in the petals?). I love the touch of Chevron as it really makes the flowers pop. Lately, I also love to add stitching and doily to my cards, so you can see that in the upper right corner.

Wait! There is ONE more card!
I played with a few vibrant inks and this was what I came up with....
heartfelt Thanks
 I added some splatter (mixing Distress ink Gathered Twigs and water) in the background.

 I also layered a piece of black Bazille card stock to enhance the color contrast.

I love how these cards turned out. I hope you do, too! This concludes my Monthly Stamp Study.
Thanks for stopping by!

32 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Oh, MY, Virginia! So much beauty in one post! I adore the rich colors and the stitching, the vellum, the embossing...I adore it all!

Barb said...

Wow, Virginia - all of these cards are soooo gorgeous! Love that stamp and you've used it so beautifully on each one of these cards! ♥

wienerhoneymooners said...

SWOOOOOOON!!!!!!

Niki G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niki G said...

Love how different they all look with just one stamp set. The details of that sweet doily and stitchwork is just perfection!

Milka Gubo said...

Oh WOW!!! These are stunning, Virginia!! :-D Love them all. :-D

Dawn Turley said...

stunning Virginia. You've taken this stamp to a whole new level!

Lynn said...

Wow! Such beautiful cards! Love, love, love them!

Jacqueline said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Lin said...

This is a gorgeous stamp, and you've shown it off beautifully, Virginia! Perfect stamp for making a set of cards!

Shelly said...

...sigh...all are simply, beautiful! Love!

Cindy C. said...

It's a beautiful stamp! And you've knocked it out of the park with these amazing cards Virginia!! Thanks for the inspirations!!

Betty Keefe said...

gorgeous cards made with that gorgeous stamp - love all three - difficult to pick a fave but have to choose the third one - the stitching in the corner is a perfect accent!

maria f. said...

Gorgeous work, Virginia. You rock those PB floral stamps. A match made in heaven.

Sue McRae said...

Love the ways in which you used this flower stamp! I have to add it to my wish list now!

conil said...

Oooooh, perfect stamp study. The variety you've gotten is remarkable. Great color choices and design decisions. Just lovely cards.

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful! I love the card set you created, but that second card is my favorite, gorgeous colors, gold embossing, stitching and some doily, perfection!

LauraJane:) said...

Ok, to say I'm taken with by the card with shades of Orange, stitching and doily is an understatement...I want to use it as my wallpaper!!!
Not kidding!!
LOVE the Black and White contrast and the torn vellum sentiment.
SIMPLY SPLENDID!!!

Nana Jo said...

My favorite is the one with the vellum and embossed gold sentiment. Does anyone know what that stamp is? I didn't see it listed with the other details. Thanks.
Elsie

Harriet said...

Virginia............again you have outdone yourself. Lovely beyond words.

sharin said...

I love all of them and I'm completely in love with the one that has the black zigzag stitching in the top corner. It's so cool how you put that card together and how my eye is drawn around and around, taking in all the elements you included. Thank you for sharing. Oh, btw, I saw your card on Facebook and had to come visit you here. ;o)

Sharin

Loll said...

Really beautiful cards Virginia. Great job with the video, I learned a LOT! I have the Misti but haven't used it yet --- now I feel more confident to pull it out. Loll

Monika Reeck said...

STUNNING
so many lovely flower cards
Ich hoffe alles OK bei dir
schoene Ostern Miss V
Liebe Gruesse
Monika

Carol McCready said...

Love your cards; especially the last one with those vibrant colors.

Bobby said...

Love the card set, Virginia, and they're perfect without a sentiment. I love the dotted stamp across the bottom, too. I think I hear Misti calling my name.

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - Virginia - All I can find to say is WOW - I am speechless and gasping in awe and delight!! What absolute beauties these cards are!! The card set will be treasured by whoever is lucky enough to receive it - just Stunningly Gorgeous!!! As for your another cards and your immense talents with the Misti - they are very incredibly done and full of facets that make them so great and amazing!! Thank you, thank you for this post - I am in love with your cards and your incredible style!!!
A Happy, blessed Easter to you and yours!!!

Bellule said...

RhOooo ces cartes sont absolument sublimes, j'adore !!

Bises.

Gabi MeWi said...

Soooo adorable.

Sheila H said...

Your are such an artist, Virginia!

Janine said...

Gorgeous selection of cards - so pretty and artistic

D.Ann said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for the inspiration... bookmarked you as a starting point to CASE!

Nora N. said...

I LOVE your monthly stamp studies. These cards are gorgeous!! I love the bright colors you used and the little stitched elements on the corners. Brilliant idea!!