Sunday, May 31, 2015

Create a Masculine Card

Hello friends!
I love using MISTI for my stamping. I was in the mood to create a masculine card so I went ahead and used this stamp set from Waffle Flower (Feather More).
just a note
I absolutely love the color blending with the inks. There is not a ton of details except the splatter and colors. Why not!? Sometimes it's just awesome to let the ink do the "talking"...
(David at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto - Feb. 2015)

Since this post is about guys, I thought I would share about the guys in my life...
On a side note: the other day my 20-year old "baby" is in the process of getting a 4-month  co-op/internship job. He has a few interviews lined up for next week. Some of the job sites are far: his dream job with Tesla in Cali, one in Ohio and another with Toyota in nearby cities...We are leaving this in God's hand and pray for the right place for him to learn as an young System Design Engineer.
 Happy Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by!




14 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous card Virginia. Feathers are always good for guy cards. Wishing David much success in finding the right job.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Good luck to David!

Lynn said...

Love your card and keep me posted on David! Wonderful to see them shine! If he ends up in Ohio, we need to meet up :)

conil said...

This is one fabulous feather. Especially, like those white dots. Hope David gets the job that most suits him...Good Luck, Dude.

Happy Dance said...

God will guide his decisions; I have every faith in that! No matter where he goes, he'll take your love and confidence with him. Very nice masculine card too! Great colors and design - perfect for a guy! Have a great week. Bev

Arlene said...

What a FUN card!

My best to your son's search.

Brenda said...

Love the colour choice on this card Virginia!

Nora N. said...

What a great card Virginia!! I love how you colored the feather on this!!

Taunya Butler said...

Your card is awesome for a guy - so full of rich, deep tones of amazing color!! In love with the sentiment and just how simple it is!! Thanks for this idea!!

Monika Reeck said...

I have seen your card full of flower always Mrs V
and this is real a manly card
I like the idea and like the texture and the color really manly
bravo Virginia and your son getting so Gross nun, er ist so gross wie sein Daddy stimmt
Schoenen Tag dir ...hier ist 22:52 ich gehe schlafen
Liebe Gruesse
Monika

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the shading on the feather, Virginia - yes, that MISTI is amazing!! You use it well!

Lisa said...

This is fantastic Virginia! I like the bits of color peeking out around the edges!!

LauraJane:) said...

Super news about David:) It's amazing to see you children's dreams come to fruition. Humbling and scary at the same time. Change is difficult, but knowing they're following God's direction for their lives is reassuring.
Great manly card today:)

Chrystina Noel said...

It really does take being "in the mood" to create a masculine card sometimes. Crazy how much different it is than general card-making. Also, fingers crossed for your son!!