Saturday, May 9, 2015

Cut Up That Doily!

Hello friends!

I have a super fun card to share with you today..it's made with this lovely Doily Circle Die from Waffle Flower!
I wanted to do something different from my last card with this die (see here).

So I cut the doily up in half and added stamped flowers in the middle. 
just a note
And notice the variations of pink and red and a touch of violet? I used Spectrum Aqua to color the doily, then I sprayed a few spritz of water on it, and then let it dry (I also used a heat gun). I purposely chose a thin watercolor paper to use for this project; that way, it's easier to make the die cut. That's it.
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

beautifully done Virginia. Your colours are amazing.

Dotty Jo x said...

fabulous! Jo x

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous...love how you've snipped the doily!

Ruby N said...

Very pretty!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

A clever way to get more out of that big, beautiful die! Love the pretty colours!

Kara Lynne said...

What a great way to use that beautiful doily! I love the variation of colors, it's just gorgeous!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

conil said...

How are you liking those watercolor markers? Have been on the fence about purchasing them because I have so many marker although, not watercolor ones. Your results look so very awesome. And cutting that doily in half is brilliant.

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments!
Coni, I am IN LOVE with those Spectrum Aqua markers. I just ordered my 4th set!! That's how much I love them...

Becca Cruger said...

What a bright, vibrant and delicate overlay! This is a gorgeous creation!!!

Lisa said...

Terrific ides, this is pretty!

Shelly said...

Soooo pretty!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Love how you cut up the doily, it's a gorgeous color too!

Carol McCready said...

Love what you did with the doily.

donna mikasa said...

You are so clever to do a little surgery on the doily! I'm always amazed at your creativity!