Monday, May 25, 2015

S-T-R-E-T-C-H My Supplies!

Hello there!

I am sharing a card that I created just for fun.  I challenge myself to stretch my supplies in a creative way. With the help of MISTI, I took the border stamp (Pattern Play) and made a colorful stripey background. After I did that, I felt STRONGLY about making a scallop border with a Pretty Pink Posh die. Sometimes you just gotta to do what your gut tells you.... :)
congratulations
The best part of stretching my supplies was using this one image from this stamp "Potted".
 Have you done that? This is the advantage of a stamp set that has multiple images. I cut two pieces of Calliope Flourish dies (one inked in Mint and one in vellum). I trimmed off some small parts and adhered them to the back of the colored image.  I love the result! I hope that you are inspired by this card and look at your stash creatively.

Thanks for stopping by! 

12 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, those stripes are so pretty, V! Love the mix of colors! Beautiful card! ♥

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty thru and thru!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful colors! I love the stripes and the border and the gorgeous flower!

Noreen Fontana said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

conil said...

LOVE this card...particularly the colors and embellishing it with a fussy cut flower. So pretty with the scalloped edge.

Shelly said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Love it!

Nora N. said...

You rocked those stripes!! I love the colors that you used. I have not used my Misti yet and I don't know why. I think it is intimidating!!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Virginia! I love the soft color palette and how you die cut the flourish in green and vellum...so pretty! I also love the scallpoed border with this lovely striped paper!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful stamping with the stripes and oh so clever with the die cuts! you are amazing, girl! love this!

Bellule said...

Very elegant card !!

Bises.

Laura B. said...

ohhhh....gorgeous stripes! Perfection....love the scallop edge!

Taunya Butler said...

Super lovely bloom and wonderfully perfect stripes in the background - Amazing and just such a sweet, beautiful card - the scalloped edge is the perfect touch!!!