Saturday, May 16, 2015

Same Stamp with 2 Different Takes!

Hello, friends! I hope you are enjoying the weekend.
As a stamper, I often love and look to use the same stamp for different designs. This, to me, is one of the most appealing things about this hobby. I created two cards with Pop Pop Poppy from Penny Black.
My first card has multiple stamping on it.
thank you for your kindness
You may not see the many shades of colors, but I think I stamped it around 10 times with the help of MISTI. The not-so-obvious ones are the white chalk ink and gold Delicata. I love that you can add colors and shades to this large flower. If you do love this, too, MISTI is the way to go. I really like the Pretty Pink Posh border die and had created the scalloped border for the stamped (and clear embossed ) sentiment. It is hard to know when there are enough "details"; I ended up adding Tiny Dot stencil with the gold embossing paste. 

My 2nd card was a bit more involved...
you are beautiful
The stamped image was a piece of leftover from my previous video (see here). I decided to add an embossed image on vellum over it. The pattern paper gave this design an extra oomph. And again, I stamped the sentiment with the help of MISTI. Small details like this would have been difficult to do without the stamp positioner.
Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Michelle said...

Both are unique, yet equally beautiful.
You inspire me, Virginia!

Barb said...

You always come up with the best designs, Virginia! Both cards are so beautiful! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

As usual Virginia, you are able to come up with stunning designs using the same stamps. This ability of yours really impresses me. And inspires me too!

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Virginia!

Vee Cassidy said...

The too takes are lovely. One is so vibrant and the other dreamy. Vee xx

Harriet said...

These cards are beautiful....Virginia you keep getting better and better.

Noreen Fontana said...

Oh Virginia, these are two of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. They are amazing! Thanks for sharing your art.

pcm said...

gorgeous!

conil said...

Both cards are really gorgeous. You've put this stamp to excellent use. Love all the details you added...they make the cards so special.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Always Love your versatility!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your art is so versatile that you can really present two totally different yet amazing cards with the same stamps! Quite inspiring and remarkable!
Bravo Virginia!!

Keren Baker said...

So beautiful Virginia! Love your two takes! x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia - love how you achieved the color layering on these flowers!!

Arlene said...

You're always original! Great cards.

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful!! So enjoyed seeing them!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are gorgeous! I love them both, but slight edge to the first one for me, love the stenciling around the edges.

Brenda said...

These are just both so beautiful Virginia! I love the effect of the vellum, it adds such softness! As for the PB stamps, I have been drooling over their new release and want every single flower/nature stamp they have!

Carole said...

beautiful cards and bright springy colours x

Barb Ghig said...

Two absolutely GORGEOUS cards, Virginia! I love the variation in the colors on the first one and the softness of the 2nd card! You've done an amazing job with this stamp!

Linda Beeson said...

I love the great accents of your cards, my favorite is the second one. So fun to see ways to use a stamp like this!

Carol McCready said...

The cards are just so beautiful. They are so soft looking.

Taunya Butler said...

THESE cards are STUNNING!!! Love the soft feel of them and the excellence they each have!! Love the details that you added besides your beautiful stamping to make these superb works of heART!!! Hugs to you!!

Neha said...

Superb cards, Virginia. The first one is incredibly beautiful. Love the idea of layering in second one.

Shelly said...

These are beautiful!