Monday, May 18, 2015

Scandinavian Flowers--Take Two!

Hi, my friends!
I had fun making my last card with this Scandinavian Stamp from Neat and Tangled. I am popping in to share with you my 2nd version. You can see my first version here.
I purposely chose the whimsical flower images ...and this was the result.
true friends
 I didn't really have a "plan" when I stamped the design-- >which was OK :)

I colored the images with Spectrum Noir Pencils. And then... out of a whim, I decided to use a stencil with gold embossing paste. I was not sure I'd like that, but I went with it. I then made the die cut to simulate the sky with the bright sun-ray like pattern paper. Like I said, no plans... :)

In the end, I think the sentiment fits perfectly in this.


(click on the banners for more info) 
Lastly, if you have not entered the Craftsy class giveaway (see here), there is still time!
You can sign up to have an account (for free) and take a few FREE card-making classes and see if you like the format. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super fun & happy!

Carol McCready said...

Very fun card. Love the colors you picked.

Barb said...

Love the composition of this pretty card, V! Such beautiful, soft colors! Gorgeous work, as always! ♥

Maureen Morton said...

This is a pure delight, Virginia! I love how the gold provides a special base for all the magic above!

conil said...

LOVE these quirky little flowers and think your coloring juxtaposed against the stencilling really makes this card.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the patterned paper you used up top and the stenciling, the colors in this card are so bright, but soft too!

Brenda said...

Oh that is adorable and the background patterned paper is so perfect for it!

Charlene said...

Fun! Love the colors!

Taunya Butler said...

Fun, bright, happy and so full of whimsy!! You have paired awesome stamping with beautiful additions in the embellishments and the papers!!

Shelly said...

Oooh, super fun and pretty!

Desire Fourie said...

This is such a cheerful and bright design. Adore the wording and colours.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}