Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #317

wed-newchallenge-header  
Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Color Swatch Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)
This week the challenge is...

Stencil It

 We are using The Crafters Workshop this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

With this challenge, I used The Crafter's Workshop ( Mini Whimsical Vines). When it comes to stencils, we often think of designs as one dimensional ( at least, I always thought so). In order to give the design multiple layers and depth, I deiced to use the stencil with layers of colors.

especially for you
 I started with the yellow and orange vines. With some light inking, I was able to give the vines shades of colors and hues. Then I decided to take it up another notch...I then added shades of greens.


 I was careful not to let the greens dominate the design, so I only stenciled it around the edges of my design! I love how it turned out. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and I added a piece of pattern paper, sequins, vellum and Pico Embellishments to give the design more interest and depth. See the shine on the vines? I painted them with the mixture of water and Perfect Pearl.
 
As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 


25 comments:

Jingle said...

Virginia, this is just lovely. I love how you used the stencil and that layered line across the card is brilliant!

Lin said...

LOVE your layering, V! And your colors are wonderful sunny ones! I also love the little strips of black and white and vellum you added!

SonjaK said...

Such a great combination of colors, shapes and styles on this card. Love it! Amazing to see what a small stripe of striped paper can do to a design.

Cindy C. said...

So bright and vibrant!! And I love how you used the strip pattern piece to direct our eyes to the sentiment! Thanks for sharing Virginia!

Barb said...

So pretty, V! I love the yellow and green combo! ♥

conil said...

I love how it turned out too. So much so, that I purchased that stencil. Very cool with the perfect pearls.

Caryn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the yellow and orange shades - so sunny and happy!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia :-) the stencil design is beautiful and I love how you altered the colours, very pretty and the vellum and black/white strip add a really fabulous finishing touch, very clever :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, a fabulous stencil and such lovely colours and colouring!!
hugs
Heather xx

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning and such remarkable styling!! Love the strip of vellum and the black&white across the card front and the placement of the sentiment is so very cool!! Love this card and feel so encouraged to make one for this challenge so thank you!! Wishing you a DELIGHTFUL day!!

Harriet said...

You made a lovely cheerful card, Virginia....love it.

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Totally gorgeous blend of cheery colors! Love it!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

amazing background Virginia....awesome! hope you have a super weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Aileen (mum) said...

Virginia, totally love how you used this stencil. Your card looks wonderful.

Lisa said...

Beautiful! The shades of yellow are so fresh and happy. A wonderful card Virginia!

Tenia Nelson said...

So very PRETTY!!

Dawn Turley said...

beautifully done Virginia.

Karen D. said...

so pretty...hope I get a chance to play along....

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Absolutely stunning Virginia! Your cards are always so refreshing!! :)

hugs...

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh great challenge!
I love your card and the gorgeous burst of colors!

Miriam Prantner said...

Really pretty! I love the layering of the stencil!

Happy Dance said...

Great composition, Virginia! Love the stenciling you've done here, and the bit of vellum and stripes sets your design off wonderfully. Gorgeous card! Bev

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Absolutely stunning colors! Beautiful stenciling, Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! I love how you layered the colors and how you shaded each of the leaves! Beautiful movement on this card and the diagonal and vellum stripes are fabulous!

Laura B. said...

beautiful inking with the stencil!!!