Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #318

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the stencil It Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Anything Goes

 We are using  Avery Elle products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

For my project, I chose Avery Elle's Numbered Balloons stamps. This is such a fun and cute one for birthdays!
21st birthday
 I stamped the balloons with the help of MISTI. The colorful balloons are the result of multiple colors and repeated stamping. To me, this alone is worth getting a MISTI!
 
I made this for my "baby boy" David who is turning 21 this August. Last night he just informed me that he is getting a job interview for his co-op program this fall...and the job is in Ohio! I keep telling myself, it's just an interview, it doesn't mean he will get the job....LOL

Oh my, where did the time go?

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 


20 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card Virginia, my MISTI will be here next week. Really exciting for David,Ii know scary for you, but awesome for him!

Jingle said...

Very cute card and congratulations to David!

Barb said...

Ohio? Oh, wow! It's so bittersweet, isn't it? You are so proud of them but can't believe they've grown so fast. Good luck to David in the interview! Love your beautiful card, V! Hugs!

jenn shurkus said...

awesome use of the misti! great card :)

conil said...

Those multi-colored balloons are so happy and love the kraft & gold framing your panel. I love my MISTI, as well, for the same reasons. I know exactly what you're going through. When they fly the from the nest it's such a shock to the system and you wonder "What happened to all that time".

Heather said...

Fabulous Virginial, I love how you've arranged the balloons and highlighted the important ones - a lovely sentiment!!
Good luck with David on his interview!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Virginia :-) I love the multicoloured balloons and all the sequins absolutely gorgeous and I am sure David will love it :-)

Good Luck David ! I hope the interview goes well :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

p.s I meant to add, love the pics :-) time flies by so quickly, one minute they are in nappies and the next they are at university !! haha You have a very handsome young man there :-)

Lin said...

Such a fun card, Virginia, love your shading of the balloons! And I was just thinking about David, wondering what he's been up to! So, where in Ohio might he end up? Best be prepared, Mama, time is ticking.........I hope he ends up where it is right for him! Hugs, little sis!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the multi colored balloons! Wow! A job interview! Exciting and nerve wracking! Ohio isn't too too far away!

Shelly said...

Oh, total FUN card! Love the balloons!
Wonderful pics, too!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Love this card design! So clever and fun! I'm sure your son will love it :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Taunya Butler said...

Happy Birthday to your son!! And congrats on making such a fun and perfect card for him!! I love those Avery Elle number balloons - so cute!! You aced this!!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way u stamped the balloons at the base too :)

Teresa Kline said...

super cute, lyv those balloon numbers and your stamping! hope you have a wonderful week!

sparkle & shine *~*

Harriet said...

Virginia.....Should David accept a job that takes him to Ohio let me assure you Ohio is a lovely state. I was born in Ohio, moved to California, back to Ohio, graduated high school and college, married and moved to Michigan. Best of luck to you David, never lose your wonderful smile and believe me Ohio is a lovely state. Love the card too!!

Lisa said...

I like those fun balloon numbers, this is terrific Virginia! Just think, if he gets the job in Ohio and you visit him, you could visit with me too!!

Carol L said...

Time really flies when you're enjoying life, but children always grow up too fast! This is such a great card for your son - very festive for such a special occasion!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Fabulous card Virginia! So fun!!

You must be so proud!! Such a handsome man you have there!! Good luck to him!!

hugs....

Carol McCready said...

Wonderful card. I'm sure David will love it.
It's amazing how fast they grow up.