Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spring is HERE!

Hello friends!
I am loving this time of the year...being in the Eastern part of Canada, we don't actually experience Spring till May! I finally got to enjoy the sights from my front yard after a long, cold, harsh winter.
Yup, birds are chirping and the Flowering Almond is blooming. These beautiful sights get all the more precious as I get older.

I thought it's a perfect time for me to share a new card with my very latest stamp.Tomorrow is a new day 
I had such FUN playing with this stamp set. It is the little stamp set that could...if you are into this type of detailed stamps. I actually relied on MISTI for the multiple stamping. I colored the images with my favorite medium-Spectrum Aqua on watercolor paper. Boy, did I every feel like an ARTIST! These products are so GOOD; they can make an imposter like me into a color pro!
The gold embossed edges give the image a more refined look. I used two pieces of patten paper to accentuate the colors of the bird and branches. I think those are cherries...I could be wrong, but I think they look really yummy as cherries.

Lastly, my former DT friend Shannon Fralish (former co-owner of Fresh Squeezed Stamps) is asking for feedback as to what makes a perfect Monthly Card Kit. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please head over here and voice your opinions. I know Shannon would truly appreciate this.
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Shannon Fralish said...

Ah, spring! Your photos and project are so inspiring -- and gorgeous! Thanks, Virginia, for sharing :-)

Dawn Turley said...

A gorgeous card Virginia. I would love to see how you did it! I'm loving my MISTI for stamping my sentiments nice and sharp but not much for trying multi colouring

Lisa said...

What a pretty card, it oozes spring!!

Robin K. said...

Oh my goodness! The watercoloring is exquisite! And I really love how you framed the image with the two different pp's! We are finally experiencing spring here in upstate NY too - it's been a loooong time coming:)

Cindy C. said...

Virginia you're being too humble. I truely enjoy the fabulous water colouring on your card, and beautiful photos of your garden! Thanks for sharing!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh how beautiful Virginia!
I miss the Almond trees and the Cherry trees too...
I love how you've connected these beautiful seasonal pictures with your gorgeous card!
You're such an inspiration!
Thank You~

Barb said...

So pretty, V! Happy Spring!!! ♥

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! Spring is such a pretty season, except for the sneezing and itching eyes part. The coloring on that bird is just gorgeous, love the rich colors!

conil said...

That bird is stunning. Amazing color you've been getting out of these markers. And framing it with embossing powder finishes it off perfectly.

Harriet said...

I love the bird stamp.....Spring brings us such smiles and joy.

Happy Dance said...

Really beautiful image, Virginia. This little bird looks like he's about to burst into song! Your use of the Spectrum Aquas was the perfect choice. Absolutely beautiful. Bev

Kara Lynne said...

What a sweet songbird full of gorgeous color! So beautiful, Virginia! Happy spring to you! Our trees are finally blooming too but we have frost warnings tonight!

Deepti said...

Beautifully colored. Love it :)

Karen D. said...

Beautiful card..great photos mf.

Jacqueline said...

Ah, at last you get to enjoy the Spring time - you have had to wait a long time! Your card is gorgeous. I ordered that stamp last week from SSS, hope it comes quickly!

Jingle said...

This is amazeballs! So gorgeous!

Taunya Butler said...

Let me just say this - YOU ARE AN ARTIST!!! This card is beautifully done and so excellently watercolored!! LOVE it!!! You have amazed and delighted me with this card!!

Shelly said...

Yay for Spring! :) Beautiful pics! And GORGEOUS card!

Carol McCready said...

Great card. The bird looks beautiful.

Spring has finally showed up here in New York too. But we will have frost tonight.

donna mikasa said...

Adorable image and super coloring from you and your Misti!

Laura B. said...

Love this watercolor look you achieved with markers....amazing!!! so pretty with the touch of gold around the edges!