Thursday, May 14, 2015

StampNation Challenges ....and MORE Coloring!

 Hi there, my friends!
The challenges over StampNation are going to be awesome! We are having Waffle Flower as our sponsor! Here is a sneak peek from the DT's work.
Lovely, isn't it? If you are interested in StampNation, you can check it out here.

As you may already know, lately I have been obsessed with Spectrum Aqua Watercolors. I like them so much (I have 3 sets already) and just ordered the 4th! I have a very limited supply of copic markers and I don't think I will be acquiring more at this point. Since I have very few copics, there is no point for me to jump onto the Hex Chart bandwagon any time soon.
028
The truth is....
 I was never into copic coloring.
just a note
I think I am quite content with Spectrum Aqua markers, Prisma pencils, Peerless Watercolors, Spectrum Noir color pencils, a few Distress Markers and the minimal Copic markers that I have.
How about you? What is your favorite coloring medium?
It would be awesome to hear what type of medium that makes your coloring SING!?

Thank you for stopping by!

17 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous colouring Virginia. I have a few Copics which I love and just recently I've been using my Aqua Crayons to watercolour.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you chose. I have a hard time picking a particular medium, I'm a dabbler.

Jackie Parkins said...

That is beautiful, your coloring is superb. I admit I am a bit of a coloring medium junkie. I have Copics, colored pencils, Peerless watercolors, and I bought the big set of Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors, that have yet to be tested. I still have my Twinkling H2Os, too, but they are rarely used and I don't really know why.

alexandra s.m. said...

GORGEOUS Virginia!
I can see we are both experiencing a coloring revival ;)

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Virginia, I love the gorgeous way you color the image! Just amazing watercolor!

LauraJane:) said...

Virginia I'm of the same opinion on COPIC. The color choices are overwhelming not to mention the $$$.
Distress markers and the Spectrum Aqua are my coloring faves! I just like how they move with water...and they are very forgiving:)

Harriet said...

I use Copic, Distress Markers and colored pencils also Distress Ink. I really like to "water color" so Spectrum Aqua is something I would like as much as a Misti.

Charlene said...

Beautiful card!! I agree with you, I think I own 9 copics and use distressed pens, watercolors, and pencils more than anything, Love them!

conil said...

Don't care how you colored that card. It's gorgeous whatever you chose to use.

Carol McCready said...

Love the watercolors with the gold.

laurie said...

Beautiful card..so soft and pretty!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful coloring, Virginia! I'd say you were born to watercolor--you're so good at it! Love the gold embossing, too.

pcm said...

gorgeous virginia! I have a ton of copics that i never use! lOL!

Taunya Butler said...

This is stunning and it is s good to hear someone say that you can create with out Copic markers CUZ I so cannot afford them!! Anyways - you have colored this card in superbly and it is so lovely!! And right now my coloring medium is watercoloring with re-inkers!! Have a BEAUTIFUL weekend!!!

Nina Yang said...

Beautiful as always, Virginia!

Wiebke Kommerell said...

For coloring I use different stuff (in dependence to the used paper!): Stabilo Markers (they are so color-intense!), Distress-Markers and -Inks (I use both of them from an acrylic block with a watercolor-brush or aqua-brush most if the time), solid watercolor-blocks (german name Aquarellfarbe) and yes, I also have some Copics (got them last christmas) - I'm still trying and lerning how to use them. I don't like the "no-chance-for-one-layer-card-coloring" (cause of the bleeding) with these Copics, but if I'm o.k. with using more than one layer they are fine.
I also have some more stuff, but these are my recently most-used-colores.

Laura B. said...

so pretty! love how you gold embossed the image first...need to try that! I really love the striped pattern paper behind, too!