Thursday, May 7, 2015

Top Dog Dies Guest Design

I am honored to be the guest designer for Top Dog Dies
TopDogDies.com

The new release offers so many varieties and designs. I was thrilled to get to play with the new Hot Air Balloon dies! The great thing about the hot air balloon dies is that they can be perfect for all kinds of occasions, such as Hello, Thank You, Graduations, Thinking of You....etc.
For my first card, I played with the Cloud die and incorporated a shaker card element into it. For the hot air balloons and sentiment, I inked up the watercolor paper and made the die cut. It’s so easy to create when the Top Dog Dies do all the design work for you.

happy birthday #1
To keep the shaker card simple, I only placed a sheet of colorful paper on the card stock and added acetate and foam around the white card stock.

After pouring in the sequins, I placed the blue card base OVER the cloud element. Voila!
For my 2nd card, I played up the romantic theme and used doilies in the hot air balloons. Unconventional? Yes! But why not!?  Since doilies are very delicate and detailed, I cut out two pieces of them and added inked paper. Then I applied watercolors lightly over all 4 balloons. The details from the Hot Air Balloon dies really show through and I am quite happy how it turned out!  
hello #2

To create the clouds in the background, I used the smaller negative cloud dies and created “stencils”.  This is another great way to maximize the use of dies!

For my 3rd card, I chose three different sheets of paper from the same paper pad. I curved a border stamp to create that “hill”. While I was at it, I also make the clouds die cut.
hello #3
Pattern paper is another great way to use dies!
I see the possibilities of using these dies to decorate gift bags and tags!
I hope that you check out Top Dog Dies if you have not done so already.

The varieties and details of these dies are simply awesome!
By the way Top Dog Dies is looking for US-based Design Team members (details here).

TopDogDies.com
If you love working with dies and are always brimming with ideas with die cutting, this might be it for you! Big thanks to Top Dog Dies for this invite!
And I would love it if you leave me your feedback over Top Dog Dies Blog.
http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=266841&m=29190&u=1083364
Lastly, Craftsy has 20% off all of their classes (starting today, till May 11th), if interested.
Thank you for stopping by!

16 comments:

Alanna said...

Congrats on the guest DT spot. Your cards are super cute.

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Virginia! I LOVE how you played with all these fun dies! Really cute shaker card and fabulous water coloring!

Lisa said...

YAY congrats on guesting Virginia!! These are all so much fun!! I love the colorful happy birthday on the first one!

donna mikasa said...

Yay for guesting at Top Dog! Your projects showcase the hot air balloon perfectly. I'm intrigued with the doily design on the balloon--you are so dang creative!

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on your GT spot Virginia!! Love all those different styles of balloons you created!! Each card so beautiful in its unique way!!

conil said...

Lovely that you were chosen to Guest Design for Top Dog. Lovelier still, that you made, count them, 3 amazing cards for the spot.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous cards! I love all the ways you showcased those hot air balloons and love the cloud shaker element!

Shelly said...

Such fun and pretty cards! Congrats on guesting!

Barb said...

Yay! Congrats, V! Love these beautiful cards! Wonderful color combos on each one! ♥

Meihsia Liu said...

All three cards are gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors :)

Dawn Turley said...

well done on your Guest spot Virginia. I get the Top Dies newsletter and there are some awesome dies. Love all the cards you made.

Laura B. said...

Love what you've done with these cute hot air balloons!!! That shaker cloud is so fun!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot, Virginia! Just love what you made with these dies - especially brilliant are the doily balloons!!

Nora N. said...

Congratulations on guest designing Virginia!! These cards ROCK!! Love them!!

maria f. said...

Wow, I thought I was going to tell you how much I love the second, watercolored card and then I scrolled to the third PP version and it won my heart. You chose the perfect PPs and the curve at the bottom is so cool. Also masculine. Great job.

thepaperbaker said...

Super cute cards! Love all the layouts. Thank you for sharing your talents :) The more I see what Top Dog has to offer, the more I want to buy, craft, buy, craft and buy lol