Saturday, May 30, 2015

Two More Wedding Cards!

Hello friends!
It's THE wedding season...I have been busy making lots and lots of wedding cards and they are all gone! I gave multiples to young church friends since they need these type of cards the most. I whipped up two more because I also Love this sentiment "Tying the Knot" from the stamp set "Congratulations" from Simon Says Stamp.
 
A well-designed sentiment can have so many uses. This "tying the knot" sentiment is a perfect example. 

Here is card #1:
tying the knot
This is just a simple one layer card! I love stamping the sentiment in various colors. Because of the way the sentiment was designed, it is fun and easy to make the design interesting. I am proud to say that I nearly used up all the embellishments that came in the May Card Kit.

 My card #2:
I simply gold embossed the curved sentiment  on clear vellum and used the May Card Kit to embellish the card.
you may kiss the bride
As you can see, with the same sentiment, you can create two totally different styles/designs. I find the gold/pink pattern paper so gorgeous, but it can be a bit too busy to use . So I used vellum and layered it over. I think it adds that richness to the card, yet it keeps the design subtle.
 If you've followed my blog for a while now, you know that I am the type of card-maker/stamper that would just try to "make it work". Take any modern, funky, graphic, scenic, floral, cute types of stamps, scrapbook embellishments, mixed in with some fancy schmancy techniques and products....and now card kits, I feel like I am the MacGyver in card-making, at least that's what I am striving for. :)

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Hussena said...

Both your cards are simply fabulous ..Love how elegant the gold looks in the second card ...The SSS sentiments are amazing !!

Dawn Turley said...

love both your beautiful wedding cards Virginia.

Bellule said...

Your two cards are absolutly gorgeous !

Bises from Brittany ;-)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fun first card, but I am really swooning over your second card - such a beauty!

Carol McCready said...

Great cards. Love the different styles.
Love all the inspiration I find at your blog.

conil said...

Definitely, the McGuyver of cardmaking...love the playfulness and color of your first card and the second one is just elegant. Using the vellum to tone down the patterned paper is a stroke of genius.

Happy Dance said...

Two wonderful wedding cards! It is that season, isn't it?! Love the whimsical fun of the first, and the elegance of the second! Great cards. Bev

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful cards my Friend!!

SonjaK said...

Wow, wow, wow, Virginia, your second card leaves me breathless. It's simply amazing!

Taunya Butler said...

MacGuyver or not - YOU ARE AN AMAZING CARD MAKER!!! Love how you create such amazing things and just WOW me all the time!! Thank you for the inspiration that you are and the kindnesses you have shown me - I am certainly a fan - If they make a show about you then it will be MY FAVORITE show!!! Have a lovely day!!

Clare said...

Love how you made a fun and playful card with the stamp set, than turned around and made an absolutely jaw dropping elegant card! Love how you used the foiled paper - I too find that paper gorgeous, but a little bit of a challenge. ;)