Thursday, May 21, 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge

Hello friends!
It's no secret....I love playing challenges!
 Challenges help me stretch my creativity and supplies.
I love it so much that I started Virginia's View Challenge in March 2014! I can't believe that I am still at it. The fun just keeps on going and going... :)
When I saw the Waffle Flower inspiration (details here), I had to give it a go!
 I was inspired by the doily, colors and daisies.

I stamped the background with the Pattern Play (love this set!!) with the help of MISTI.
016
 Once I did that, I used the cream colored doily die and green circle to ground the flower images. The tiny flowers were stamped as an after-thought...I love creating a bit of flowing motion in a design like this. 
Hope you are having a great day! This card is going to be sent to my dear former neighbors. Over the weekend, we stopped by at their condo in Toronto unannounced. She and her hubby were gracious to let us pay them an impromptu visit and we all had a lovely time!
Friends like that are the best...you can just pick up the pieces ANY time.

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful combination of colors and elements, great job!!!

Dotty Jo x said...

Lovely! Jo x

Joyce said...

This is so fun and pretty.

Lynn said...

Love, love, love Virginia!

Lisa said...

Such a pretty card!!

Barb said...

Love this, V!!! The colors are so fun, especially that green! Wonderful card!

Cindy C. said...

How lovely!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! I love the polka dotted background and the doily, great placement of the flowers to!

Dawn Turley said...

very pretty Virginia. The way you added the dots to only part of the base is inspiring

Keren Baker said...

This is amazing. Love the movement you've created and that dotty stamped background!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is just gorgeous!!! LOVE the orange and green dots! Beautiful!

Nora N. said...

This is stunning!!!

Shelly said...

Sooo pretty, Virginia!
Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty card, Virginia! I love how you layered all of the elements and the colors are so fun!

Taunya Butler said...

Super lovely and layered with such precision and perfection!! Such bright, happy colors and I think you got this challenge aced!!