Sunday, June 21, 2015

Color-layering and Masking

Hi friends!
If you've followed my blog for a while, you know that I am all about stamping. BUT every now and then, when I see beautiful pattern paper, I lust for them....and I want to use them with my stamped images.
Floral and Feathers
Today's card is another example of using pattern paper.
have a fabulous birthday 
 I started out with the large butterfly stamp in this set called Florals and Feathers. With simple masking of the butterlies, it was so fun to stamp the assorted colors with the help of MISTI. I then gold-embossed the sentiment. After that, I paired it up with a strip of paper from Tea Garden (Basic Grey).
 The yellow with gold pattern paper is an older pattern paper from Anna Griffin (sorry, I have no link for that). Some sequins and gold strings were added as a final touch.

I love how the pattern paper and stamped images work so perfectly together. Hope you like this card!
Here are the highlights of our dinner party last night.
We also celebrated Father's Day with Dr. John's favorite: Chocolate Cake!
These gorgeous photos were taken by our "professional" photographer Stephanie (aka my daughter).
 I can't believe my dining room table can look this GOOD! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card, Virginia!! Love how you mixed patterned paper with stamping!

Lin said...

Love those pretty butterflies mixed with the papers, V, and your table looks gorgeous! Happy Father's Day to Dr. John!

Michele Kovack said...

Such a gorgeous card!!! And your table looks magnificent too!!

Barb said...

Happy Father's Day to Dr. John! Your table looks amazing, Virginia and love your gorgeous card! ♥

Harriet said...

Beautiful, beautiful....chocolate cake --yummy-- flowers are lovely and Happy Father's Day to Dr. John.

conil said...

Yes, love the stamping with that lovely paper. Being a paper junkie myself, I understand your desire to use it when you can. My problem is, it never seems to look as good as your combos do. You definitely have an eye. And I love the shading you achieved on those butterflies. Your dining table looks so elegant and those desserts looks scrumptious. Glad it was a success and that you had all your family around you.

Rubycat said...

You set a beautiful table! Truly gorgeous, with a relaxed style. I love the Canterbury Bells arranged so casually - of course, I love the card, too, but that goes without saying. All your cards are lovely but this is the first table setting I've been taken with. (Cake looks enticing!)

Deepti said...

Beautiful card and ur eye for beauty is evident by the arrangement on the table :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow this is beautiful! And so are the photos by your daughter..... Yummy cake too!

mimijudy1975 said...

I love seeing your beautiful table decorations as well as the delicious food you always serve. You are so gracious,Virginia. I don't think I've ever seen strawberries that large;Just gorgeous. Happy fathers Day to Dr. John. It's so nice you have a photographer in the family to capture these special times.
Your butterflies look beautiful with the pattern paper.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous cake to celebrate your hubby! Love, love, love the vibrant colors on your card Virginia.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your gorgeous butterfly card, Virginia, and WOW - what a wonderful repast for Dr. John! Our Father's Day table looked nothing like that!

Lisa said...

Your card is gorgeous Virginia, love the colorful butterflies!! That's a yummy looking cake, but the fruit salad looks tasty too!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love the way you have used that stamp Virginia and my, it's not a dining room you have there, it's a 5 star hotel!! AMAZING!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love love this card!

Happy Dance said...

Before I got through your entire post, I thought that the card was reminiscent of some old English china I'd seen and loved somewhere, then your gorgeous table appears! Both the card and table are lovely. Well done you! Have a good week. Bev

Miriam Prantner said...

Those butterflies are beautiful! Loving the ombre inking and the gold accents, and the table looks gorgeous!

Taunya Butler said...

Umm, WOW!! Card is beautiful and your table is lovely!!! Happy day to you!!