Sunday, June 28, 2015

Create Your Own Scene

Hello friends!
I am back again with another card created with the Winged Beauty set from Penny Black. Even though this set comes with just 4 images, the possibilities are limitless. Previously, I had created two cards.  You can see them  here and here.

This is the latest version.
you're amazing!

I can not stress enough how much MISTI helped me in creating this scene. Not only did it hold the stamp in place, it also allowed me to stamp the image over and over again with selective colors. 

close-up
For example, for the orange/brown bird (bottom left corner), I must have stamped it a few times in muted tones (beige and light brown) and then I highlighted the outer edges with bright orange and darker brown. I did the same with the blue bird with various inks.
amazing
I used the Gold Wink of Stella to highlight the wings of the flying bird. I must say that I was quite happy how every random droplet of Gold Wink of Stella and Yellow Pico Embellisher seemed to fall in all the right places. In order to ground the entire scene, I layered it with one of the pattern papers from Basic Grey's Tea Garden and topped it off with a piece of gold thread.
I hope this inspires you to look at your stamp sets and perhaps a scene is just waiting for you to create...

Since this post is all about birds, it's perfect to share Day 3 of our bird-watching (off our study room window). The location can not be any more convenient for us and the birdies. The nest sits nicely on our spruce tree branch and there is nothing to obstruct the view!
 It was a cloudy and rainy day. The 3 baby birds continue to thrive and grow. They are getting more feathers as the days go by. Their mother nested with them the entire day to keep them warm.
If you'd like to see more of the baby birds pictures, please scroll down to see the older posts.
Happy  Sunday!

15 comments:

Barb said...

So pretty, V! Love the bright colors and splatters! And those baby birdies are soooo sweet!

Julie C. said...

Love your card! There are so many colours just on one bird! Make them look so realistic! ^_^

Hussena said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous ..I love the way you have created the whole scene and the colors are so perfect !!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful scene Virginia!!

conil said...

Just look at this beautiful scene...gotta love the MISTI, I know I do. You always pick the right embellishments, as well. Lovely. It's also lovely to see these little critters starting fluff up. Those photos are remarkable.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Perfect bird card, Virginia - just love your colorful trio!! And it's been such fun to watch your baby birdie trio grow too!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun scene! I love the colors and the splatter!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty!!

Carol said...

I juSt bought this set...lol..love it even more now that I see this creation!

Harriet said...

Aren't birds beautiful? Especially when you stamp them, Virginia, you make mother nature jealous.

Lisa said...

What a beauty this is Virginia!! And how sweet are those fuzzy little birds!

Karen D. said...

so pretty...I am loving your bird photos and great video...

Ruby N said...

What a beautiful card!

Taunya Butler said...

Love these birds - the real ones and the beautiful ones featured on your card!!

佳勻許 said...

太美了, 超級喜歡此卡片中國風的感覺,鳥兒顏色的層次感 驚為天人

Emily Hsu