Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Create Your Own Sentiment

Hello friends! I am popping in to share a fun and cute card.
I decided to create a fun sentiment with this Game Tile set from Simon Says Stamp. 
The cool thing about this set is that it is actually an alphabet set and it allows you to create any sentiment that you like...with the Scrabble tiles!
 The colorful Scrabble tiles were leftovers from my DIY watercolor paper.  I layered it over vellum and added the white embossed paste dots (with Tiny Dot Stencil). I also used Pico Embellisher to add some splatter to the background. The paper pad is from American Crafts. For the extra wow factor, I hand stitched the top left corner.

 I like how this card turned out :) 


Day 5 of our bird-watching
 "Feed me...just feed me, Mama!".

Well, that's all, folks! Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Hannelie said...

Amazing moments captured on film!
Love your card today Virginia!

SonjaK said...


Love your bright card and the sentiment (and the birds too)!

Deepti said...

Wow that photo captures the moment so perfectly :) and I love ur card, especially the colors on the blocks

Jackie Parkins said...

Your card is beautiful, but those baby birds are stealing the show. That's a face only a mother could love :-)

conil said...

Because of you and this stamp and die set, my wallet is a little lighter today. You've done such a terrific job showcasing it and this card is no exception. Love this sentiment and the stitching really adds so much texture to the card. Also, I finally figured out Dr. John was the master photographer of this adorable little avian family. Geez you whole family is full of talent & creativity.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card Virginia. I got this set too, so many options. Love your watercolor and vellum.

Harriet said...

I Really like this card, Virginia, colorful and fun!!! The "baby" birds remind me of babies in general, hungry.

Laura Norris said...

Great card Virginia! Love the colors and those tiles are so fun! Thanks for sharing the growing family of birds, Dr. John's photos are amazing!

Taunya Butler said...

Super fun card - love the message!! ANd the birds - so truly awesome!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your card Virginia is both playful and extremely creative.
Thanks for the sweet pictures, have you named them yet?
and last but certainly not least *** HAPPY CANADA DAY! ***

Martha said...

Virginia, I just have to say, "I LOVE" this card!
I love the FUN design & the pretty colors.
Beautifully done!