Saturday, June 27, 2015

Create Your Own Watercolor Paper

Hey friends!
Have you ever felt that you are stuck and can't seem to create anything new and exciting? 
Well, that happens to me from time to time. Guess what I did? I took the watercolor paper out and applied all sorts of Peerless Watercolors on them. Meanwhile, I went about doing other things. After a little while... voila, you've got your own watercolor paper! I just ran it through my favorite die...
I know I have blogged about this Smile die many times, but I just love it and came up with another card.
Smile
As you can see, this card is super easy to create. The watercolors and die really speak volumes...
 I stamped the sentiment and two stripes. Adding those sequins was like icing on the cake!
Day 2 of the bird-watching:

The babies are doing well. Daddy bird paid a visit this early morning. The mommy bird watches the baby birds like a hawk. Dr. John took some great shots this early morning...

Yup, the early bird gets the worm :)
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Jackie Parkins said...

I love that idea. Your card is beautiful and the little baby birds are so sweet.

Carol said...

Simply beautiful Virginia! We have so many nests on our property, I feel like a bird sanctuary is right outside my door! I could watch the different species of birds all day. These little cuties are just that,....CUTE!

Angi Barrs said...

Wow! Super gorgeous! I love the watercolor background. Sweet birdies too!

Nancy K said...

Awesome card, Virginia! I just got this die and I'm so happy to have this wonderful inspiration!
I love the bird photos, amazing! We just finished with the nesting of the finches that frequent our yard. From April through June we have several "families" staying in our bird houses with very quick turn overs when the babies leave the nest. This year we saw 18 babies take their first flight.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that watercolored/die cut background, so bright and fun and great photos of the birds, so neat that you get to see them grow up!

conil said...

Look at that...your watercolors are living up to the hype. With the colors you've used and that cool die this card recipient should be thrilled.

Tenia Nelson said...

So cool!!!

Nora N. said...

I am waiting for my SSS order for that smile die. I LOVE it. Your watercolor background ROCKS and I am loving these photos!

Cat Craig said...

That die has been driving me nuts, no ideas...and here you have created the most perfect and lovely card. Fabulous.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love that colorful bg!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great watercolor background, Virginia, and I love what you did with the smile die! Oh - aren't those birdies sweet?! Dr John got some amazing shots!!

Hannelie said...

I love this happy card!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous background, Virginia ... love that you recessed the smile die cut ... looks fantastic! What amazing bird shots ... how fabulous to have them just outside the window! Anita :)

Michelle said...

Hi Virginia - you commented on my card on my new blog after I entered a SSS challenge - thank you. I adore your cards and love this one especially. I adore using watercolours, or even my inks to get great effects and you can do so much with colour. Yours is very effective - the colour combination is wonderful and I love those sentiment stamps and the smile die..it shall most definitely be on my wish list when I take a look at SSS for purchases. The baby birds are sooooo cute! I have a blue tit nesting box right by my lounge window and so in spring I can sit and watch mama and papa bird fly to and fro frenetically feeding the hungry chicks and watch, heart in mouth as the fledge :) those photos are wonderful xxx

Taunya Butler said...

Watercolor pro - that is what you are - this is so uber impressive!! Love the gorgeous colors!!