Thursday, June 4, 2015

Detailed Stamping

Hello friends!
Have you seen this new stamp from Penny Black?
http://shop.pennyblackinc.com/p/trumpet-song
Trumpet Song

It is so detailed and beautiful.
I was tempted to use water-coloring or ink it up with water-colored markers.
happy birthday!
 But then I decided to use smaller inks, such as Memento Inks (see links below) to color the images. It can be done in one shot, but you and I know how tricky that can be. I know I would have wasted a ton of paper!  I can never get a good image with just one try, especially with such a large detailed stamp.
Thanks to MISTI, this card was created without any waste and frustration (that would be the main reason to get MISTI). I added gold embossing paste over Tiny Dot stencil.
 And did you see the tiny green splatter? Well, my green Wink of Stella was so juicy ( I don't use it enough) that I literally splashed it over the paper. Those tiny green droplets are awesome!
I love these subtle details...they truly make a card SPECIAL!

Edited: Did you know.....
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is doing a DT call? Only one spot!!!!
I have been on this team for a year now...and I love every minute of it ( no, I am not leaving-smile!). 
See details here. Link up your blog by June 18th. You never know...and good luck!
Thanks for stopping by! 

PS: The Trumpet Song is just IN over Simon Says Stamp (see link below). 

18 comments:

donna mikasa said...

I know I probably say this every time, but your cards are all works of art! And yes, those little splashes of color make your cards even more special!

Dawn Turley said...

WOW - the MISTI is worth every cent Virginia. I really like the results you got with this beautiful stamps.

LauraJane:) said...

Another masterpiece! I LOVE my MISTI too:)

Ruby N said...

Very pretty card, Virginia!

Bonnie said...

Wow! What gorgeous results, Virginia! The Misti is worth the purchase for perfect stamping!

Sharon Jones said...

A very SPECIAL card, indeed, Virginia! I just got this stamp in and love it! Tried watercoloring after I stamped and it was a disaster, LOL! Live and learn! I love the way you did it, so just may try that...thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Sunshine

conil said...

Oh boy, you used my new favorite Penny Black cling stamp. Love the coloring on your flowers and the bird. Think that green spray must have been a very happy accident, it looks so lovely with the gold dots. The whole effect is enchanting.

Harriet said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Virginia, lovely, lovely. Methings Misti is a needed tool.

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Virginia! Love the tiny dots, too!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous, Virginia!

Happy Dance said...

Love this card, Virginia! And the MISTI really does make stamping images so much easier! I love mine...This card is so full of color and sweetness. Just love it. Bev

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous card. I love my Misit.

Karen D. said...

Just so gorgeous mf. I am loving that stamp and playing with it. Very clever to add the bird at the bottom. I love the added detail of the stencil too.
You rock.
hugs,
K

Lorraine A said...

stunning card Virginia ! I would never have thought to choose that stamp, looks so difficult to use, but you have brought it to life beautifully. So very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Virginia! I love how you created the effects of water coloring and your stenciled background is the perfect touch! I really love this card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! I love the multicolored inking, it looks gorgeous!

Mariana Grigsby said...

I love the stamp, and your beautiful card!

Taunya Butler said...

You are a marvel and this is so gorgeous - I totally agree with you that the little details matter!! I applaud you for the way you add just the right details to your stunning cards!!! Happy day to you!!