Friday, June 5, 2015

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend!

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend...and the same should apply to STAMPS!
I'd say....diamond stamps are a must-have. After all, it's MUCH cheaper and it's made of rubbah/polymer! Trust me, your spouse will thank you for it. I know my hubby didn't mind me getting addicted to stamping instead of diamond collecting. Well, enough of my diamond talk...we are talking about stamping.

What can I say...I am smitten by this stamp set from Winnie and Walter.
There are so many diamond choices...what's not to love?

I used one of the biggest rocks in this set and came up with a CAS card. I love the transparency of vellum and added some dots on the backside of the vellum. The diamond was created with alcohol inks over alcohol paper (glossy paper).
029
I stamped Versafine Black once the paper dried ( it dries very quickly). Then I cut it out and added Glossy Accent and glitter...that was the hardest part of this card-making process--waiting for the thick Glossy Accent to dry! 

close-up#1
 Lastly, thank you for your positive comments and feedback. As long as you keep coming back, I will be staying right here blogging and making cards... 

YOU ROCK!

 Lastly, I want to share some news about my DT over StampNation.
I have decided to step down from StampNation at the end of June. It has been over a year since I started sharing my creations and running a feature called "Virgina's Stamp Clinic". I have enjoyed my time creating and sharing with the lovely friends/members there. In Catherine's Video (see here), she mentioned that one of the teachers made 10-15 cards with one stamp set...Yup, that was me! Crazy, huh? Recently I realized that I am doing too much and needed to prioritize my craft time and blogging. 

I plan to focus more on my blog and Virginia's View Challenge...and cooking dinner for my family, keeping up with my exercise and....making. nice. cards. While I bid farewell to my SN sistahs, I hope that they will stop by here once in a while. Big thanks to Catherine and Maureen (the masterminds behind SN) for having me. It's been FAB!

My Monthly Stamp Study is coming up NEXT (June 6, Midnight Eastern Time)!
If you like color-layering for stamping, you will not want to miss it! 
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh this card is divine! Love it Virginia!

Dawn Turley said...

delightful Virginia.

Karyn Penno said...

So sad to hear you're leaving SN, I've loved following along with your stamp clinics. Totally understand your choice, I'm just going to have to be a regular here now!

Karen D. said...

beautiful card mf.

~amy~ said...

this is beautiful Virginia!

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a lovely card, Virginia!
I am so thankful for you and your creations and though I am sad that you are stepping down from SN, I know where I can find you! ;) Hugs!!!

Noreen Fontana said...

I absolutely love your creations, Virginia. Please do whatever it takes to keep you and your family healthy and happy. Only then can you create the beauty that you share with us so frequently. XO

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card Virginia!
Forget the diamonds, I want these stamps ;o)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your yummy heart card, Virginia! You really made that stamp set shine!

Barb Ghig said...

That's what I call a sparkly diamond! I love that you chose alcohol inks on glossy c/s, and adding all that yummy glitter really makes it pop! Love the vellum panel, too! Awesome card, Virginia!

Carol McCready said...

Love your card. Such shiny and fabulous
colors.

conil said...

Golly girl, love the effect you achieved with that stamp and alcohol inks. It is incredible...as is the entire card. Kudos.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the shine and sparkle on that gem, so pretty! Glad that you are making some more time for yourself and your family!

Taunya Butler said...

Well - you certainly know how to show off a rock - this is awesome and just so pleasing!! Love the texture that the thread and the vellum add - just a marvelous, super cool card!!