Thursday, June 25, 2015

Gold Embossing on Vellum & StampNation Challenge

Hello friends!
Do you love embossing? I sure do. There is nothing quite like embossing when it comes to handmade cards. You can get pretty much any type of printed cards, but embossing? It is GOLDEN.  In my craft room, I have a little embossing station where I have all my embossing powder, heat gun, brushes,  ...anything you need for embossing and they are ready to go. I find that if you have an area set up for embossing, it is likely that you will do more of it. Because as we all know, clean-up can be a bit troublesome and messy.

I had a ton of fun doing the gold embossing on vellum. 
heartfelt thanks
         
I love coloring the backside of the vellum paper. First of all, you don't have to worry about your coloring skills. Secondly, the subtle hues from the vellum are so pleasing to the eyes. 


For the background, I used Prisma paper. See the diamond border? It was cut from the Penny Black border die. It gives such an intricate look, doesn't it?

Lastly, I want to mention that StampNation is having a fun challenge and it is sponsored by SugarPea Designs. A random challenge player will be selected for a $50 gift certificate from Sugar Pea Designs. Here is a sample of DT inspiration.

You can find out more information about StampNation here.
 This is also my very last official post about StampNation. Big thanks to the fabulous Catherine Pooler for giving me the chance to be part of this wonderful online stamping community.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

16 comments:

Nicole Parmentier said...

What a good idea to create an embossing area. Maybe I will do it more often than because the effect is awesome! Love your card, the gold on it is really beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia your design is stunning! I love all the beautiful gold embossed flowers on the vellum!

Happy Dance said...

Really pretty design Virginia! Embossing on vellum is such a fun technique; coloring on the back gives it so much interest too. Once my craft room is put back together, I might have to see if there is room for an embossing station. You're so right, if it were out, I'd be inclined to do more of it. Great card. Bev

Jackie Parkins said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! Now I must try this technique. It looks so easy and yet turns out so elegantly. I'm all about not worrying about my coloring skills, which could use some improvement.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Lisa said...

What an elegant card Virginia, just beautiful!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card Virginia, I love your gold embossing and I have become your newest follower.. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

conil said...

Love it when you do this technique, it's always so soft and lovely.

Miriam Prantner said...

The embossed gold on vellum is gorgeous and I love how you used that delicate border at the top!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!
I absolutely love the layering, the gold embossing, the coloring...well, everything really ;o)

Katie said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Catherine Pooler said...

This card is stunning, Virginia! We are going to miss you as a part of our team, but we know you won't way away! :) xoxoxox

Arlene said...

Gold looks so rich and the colors are marvelous. Lovely.

Barb Ghig said...

I love these soft colors on vellum, and your gold embossing is just beautiful, Virginia! I'm definitely going to try this technique again soon...it's so elegant!

Laura B. said...

gorgeous gold embossing on vellum....need to try this!! thanks for inspiring me!!

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous, yummy and super amazing!!!