Monday, June 22, 2015

Mix It Up!

Hi friends!
Do you like to mix up your stamp sets and create a totally different design?
The new release from Simon Says Stamp prompted me to do just that. 
What do you get when you use "Many Thanks"
and Letter Tile Stamps/Dies,

My idea actually came from the stripey background paper.  I thought the pattern is so chic that I wanted to use a French sentiment....and before you know it, this card was born!
Merci
I embossed the flower images in white and leaves in green on vellum paper. Then I colored the backside of the flowers with bright copic markers and added the Scrabble tiles.
If you have not mixed up any stamp sets lately, perhaps it's time to try! You'll be pleasantly surprised what you can come up with. I will announce the winner of the In the Mood class giveaway tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

You created a beautiful design originating with your chic striped paper! Pretty card Virginia!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful card, love the stamp set combo you used and such pretty colors!

conil said...

Clever girl...using your pattern paper to inspire you. Love the effect of the white & green embossed vellum and the bright copic coloring .

Happy Dance said...

Love this mixed and matched card! I do try to use multiple sets when I can, and will have to make a point to do so again. Love these colors, and especially the stripes. So fun! Bev

Laura Norris said...

What fun!! Great card Virginia!

Miriam Prantner said...

Tres chic indeed! Love the florals!

Jackie Parkins said...

Beautiful. I love what you did with those flowers. I really need to use more vellum, there is so much you can do with it.

Taunya Butler said...

Fun, fun card with amazing details like the vellum!! Those flowers really stand out!! Gorgeous!!