Saturday, June 13, 2015

NEW--Roller Coaster Die!

Hello friends! 
Have you seen this Roller Coaster die from Simon Says Stamp's new release?
Here is my first post in case you missed it.
How FUN is that!?
 I happen to have a huge roller coaster fan in my family--my son David. I consulted with him about how the roller coaster should look. He said that there are still some old-fashioned ones that are made with wood. But with this type of roller coaster that has a loop, they are most commonly made of steel. Duh...I just want to be sure ;)
you did it!-001
In order to give the roller coaster a metallic look, I first colored the white card stock with blue Distress Ink. Then I spray-painted it in silver.
I added colors with various Distress Inks : yellow, orange and a bit of red for the sky; Cracked Pistachio for the ground. I made the diecut with DCWV paper for the cart/trains. I also added two extras (the die came with 4) just for the fun of it. The sentiment was stamped 3 times, but I made the last one slightly faint. I had way more fun than I thought with this new roller coaster die. You will see me using it again soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


11 comments:

Barb said...

The addition of the silver looks fabulous, V! And love your beautifully shaded background! Such a fun card! ♥

Melissa F said...

Beautiful card, love that roller coaster die and your ink blending really sets it off nicely!

conil said...

Love the finish created on the coaster...really looks metallic. But, to me, your background is awesome. That color combo is stunning.

Bobby said...

I love all the bright colors on your card, Virginia. Just what you'd expect with a roller coaster.

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic card, the silver roller coaster is very cool.

Lisa said...

This looks like a rollercoaster ride in the sunset!!

ionabunny said...

Fun card. Hugz

Carol McCready said...

Such a fun card. Love your background.

Miriam Prantner said...

The background is gorgeous and I love the texture/finish on the roller coaster!

Taunya Butler said...

So, SO much yummy texture and awesome dimension on this FANTASTIC card - you have captured my favorite time to ride a roller coaster - just as the sun is setting - something about the gorgeous sunset and being up high is so magical!! Love the details and the extra things you did to create your steel roller coaster - love that you talked to your son about the details of roller coasters!! I hope you have a super fun week!!

Harriet said...

A really fun die. Your coloring is excellent.