Monday, June 8, 2015

Penny Black Butterflies Die

Hi there!
Did you know there is a new butterfly die?
The intricate details from this cover plate-like die is kind of amazing. I actually was a little stumped as to how to use it properly. This was my first attempt.
you are beautiful inside and out
I took out the alcohol inks and created my own colored paper. The yellow background was a piece of velum (I colored it with a copic marker). I did some light stamping with the set called Enamor. For the final touch, I added droplets of Liquid Pearl and a piece of twine. A lot of us make random pretty colored/watercolor paper and sometimes you don't know what to do with it. Well, I suggest that you take a die out and use those random paper. This card serves a good example.

 If you are on Instagram, check this out and "like" it... I mean, if you REALLY like it! It's the sneak peek of Simon Says Stamp's new release (June11)! And yeah, I made that card :)

Thanks for stopping by!



16 comments:

Barb said...

Virginia, you always come up with the coolest card designs! Love this one! Gorgeous colors too! ♥

Barb said...

And by the way . . . .now you HAVE TO join Instagram! You'd really love it, I promise!

Hussena said...

Wow. What a beautiful card! I love the Alcohol ink technique you have used here.

donna mikasa said...

What a beauty, Virginia! I love all the different elements that come together so perfectly! That butterfly die is gorgeous! And I agree with Barb, you should join Instagram!

Dawn Turley said...

A very pretty card Virginia. Your own patterned paper is stunning. Really like how it turned out.

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous card and die. Love those colors.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great combo and use of stamps Virginia!
Beautiful card indeed!!

conil said...

Saw this on Instagram, of course I like it. First, because it's so lovely and clever and second, because I love scrabble.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful Virginia, what a great design!

Miriam Prantner said...

The alcohol inks look amazing with the intricate details! Love this!

Charlene said...

I was so enthralled I almost forgot to leave a comment lol!!! Spectacular!!

Cindy Beach said...

Absolutely fabulous design, Virginia! LOVE how you used the die.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Virginia, this is being pinned. I utterly adore it!! I love doing the alcohol ink backgrounds and have a couple so I really appreciate this design inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

BeverlyBL said...

So pretty. Love the colored butterflies and those cute little daisies. Perfect!

Taunya Butler said...

YES - YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!! I think you are a marvelous, wonderful paper crafter and card maker!! AND you shine as a beautiful, giving, sharing soul!! Love to you and admiration for the good that you do through your cards and by being yourself!! Happy Day to you!!