Friday, June 12, 2015

Simon Says Stamp New Release (The Color of Fun)

Aren't these colors YUMMY?
Well, the new release is here!

I am lucky to get a hold of a few new sets including "Many Thanks" (designed by Dawn, the owner of Wplus 9). It is a fabulous color-layering set. I think it is great for any level of stampers.

I decided to make a one layer to show off the gorgeous flower stamps and new inks.
030
I used all Simon Says Stamp Inks for this card. And did you know there are 12 new inks in this release? I used the new inks called "Spring Rain" and "Wisteria". To me, "Spring Rain" is basically a darker shade of Mint (from Simon Says Stamp). The darker shades of leaves were stamped with "Spring Rain". Since I only have one shade of purple, I did the generational stamping with the new ink "Wisteria".
The sentiment "Many Thanks" goes so perfectly with the flowers!

You may have seen my 2nd card if you are on Instagram/Twitter with Simon Says Stamp (see here). I had SO much fun with this new set called "Game Tile". See my blog header? Well,  hello...Scrabble is my favorite word game!
I Miss You
This set is perfect for creating any sentiment. It can be for all occasions: anniversary, wedding, birthday, congratulations....and you can personalize however you want.  I purposely let the U fall off a bit.  The idea only came when I was arranging the tiles. Initially I had them all lined up, but then I had a light bulb moment.....ding! Those extra tiles are from my trials and errors. I tried to come up with a good sentiment, but in the end, I settled for something as simple as "I MISS YOU".
059
I see myself reaching for a stamp set like this often. I can't wait to see what others will do with this stamp set! A little creativity can go a long way.

 Hope you check out Simon Says Stamp Blog for more inspiration! 
Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

Barb said...

Fantastic cards, V! Love what you did with the game tile letters set! So fun! ♥

Carol said...

Your thought process is amazing Virginia! Love these cards!

Hussena said...

Fantastic cards ..Love what you have created with the game tile stamp ..Definitely need to get that now :)

Niki G said...

Love what you did with those pretty ink colors! Your second card is just totally cool. Genius designs Virginia!!

Susi Kelly said...

What super cards, Virginia! I had my eye on that SSS Game Tile Stamp set, and seeing your card puts it at the top of my Wish List!

Tess Hackett said...

I love both of your card.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful and fun cards Virginia!!!

Pam said...

Great cards! First one I'm getting is "Many Thanks".

NinaS said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow! Fabulous cards Virginia! I so need that Game Tiles Set now!!

hugs...

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE the floral set! It's on my wishlist and those scrabble tiles are so fun!

conil said...

Ooooh, love what you did with the Wplus9 collaboration set. All those new colors are delicious. Commented before on the second card...being a Scrabble junkie is just made me smile.

Taunya Butler said...

SUPER cool and fun scrabble tile card!! CLEVER in so many ways - the background you used, the vellum overlay, and the dropped down "U"!! And your flower card - oh my word - so gorgeous and bursting with so much yummy color - love that you made it one layer, and showed how luscious a one layer card can be!!! Love this - you are amazing and I have to go see this new release over at SIMON SAYS STAMP!!! Thank you for the heads up!! Please have a beautiful day and know that I am thinking of you!!

Leigh Penner said...

These are both fabulous, Virginia! Your first card is so beautiful -- I ordered these stamps yesterday and can't wait to play with them!
And your second card is so fun & clever!

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Really cute cards. My fav is the second one...cute layout of the tiles. Dawns stamp set she designed for SSS is so cute...a must have in ones supply closet. What a fantastic release for this summer.

Barb Ghig said...

Your flowers are really beautiful and I love how you 'played' with the Game Tile Letters...Such a fun card, Virginia!

Lisa said...

Fabulous cards Virginia!! Love the map and the scrabble tiles!

Alanna said...

What fun cards. I absolutely love your scrabble tile card.

Karen D. said...

great cards mf...love them...

alexandra s.m. said...

i love them both because they're brilliant, unique and so YOU!
Thank YOu

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love!!!

donna mikasa said...

Can't wait to get Dawn's floral set, and your Scrabble tile card is genius!

ionabunny said...

Love the letters. Lovely cards. Hugz

Carol McCready said...

Love the tile word card.

jamie vanskiver said...

Fantastic cards!! Love the tile card, so creative :)

*Vicki* said...

These are all really FUN creations!! I especially love how you've used the letter tiles!! :)