Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #320

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the  Make It Masculine Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is..

  Friends/SuperHero

 We are using  Mama Elephant products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

 For my project, I chose the Ella and Friends set. This elephant is soooo cute! That was the reason I got this set...
Remember you've got a friend in me-001
 I decided to create a fun scene with the mouse and the elephant. With water-coloring markers, the rain scene is perfect for it. I  This set comes with many tiny objects and a few small animals for you to create with. I have seen a few versions of them... this set is definitely a smile-maker :) 

I hate to admit, but this card did take me a while to create. I stamped and embossed (in clear) all the images. I simply didn't want the image to "bleed" when I did the watercoloring with Spectrum Aqua markers. It was a bit time-consuming, but I think it's worth the effort!

I think I am kind of a "naughty" friend; this was my first design.
remember you've got a friend in me  
My daughter thought it didn't "make sense"...I thought it was rather "playful" (LOL). So I re-did the entire card.  Yeah, that took extra time, too.  

Lastly, the SSS Design Team call is still on (see here). Please link up your blog, if interested!

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 


25 comments:

Lynn said...

Too cute...love how you've colored the adorable little elephant.

Jingle said...

Oh, for the love of cute! This is just adorable! I love the raindrops, too! So well done!

Caryn said...

Argh - this is just amazing - I love the scene you created - too cute!

Lorraine A said...

totally adorable cards Virginia :-) I do LOVE them both but the heffalump holding a brolly is super cute :-)

I need this set too now! This is going to be an expensive week! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Susanne Vargas said...

Awww! How adorable! Also love the colors!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Gorgeous design, Virginia! I actually like both designs!! I can see what your daughter is saying but I also think the first design is more "cheeky" and the second is more "sweet". So take your pick! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barb said...

Oh, my goodness that is such an adorable card, V! Just love it! ♥

Jo Nevill said...

Well, I just adore both cards and love your cheeky one ! Love how you have created the water/rain x

conil said...

Frankly, both cards are adorable...love this set, too. Your watercoloring really terrific. Wondering if these Spectrum Aqua's are comparable to Zig's Clean Color? Hmmm?

Lin said...

What a charming little scene, Virginia! (and the naughty version is adorable, too!!)

alexandra s.m. said...

I just love your sense of humour as much as I love your creativity my Friend!
Thank You~

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards Virginia, I love the elephant with the umbrella is so cute - the second is showering the fabulous raindrops is probably more typical - such fun!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lisa said...

Awwww!!! That itty bitty umbrella and the sweet little mouse, this is darling Virginia!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, such a charming card, Virginia! I love your 'Rainy Scene'...it's perfect with these images and your water coloring is fabulous! Definitely going to play along this week :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

So cute!

Shelly said...

Aww...this is sooo cute!

Nora N. said...

This is adorable!! I love both of your cards!! The watercoloring was oh so worth it!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your ellie card is so stinkin' cute Virginia! I love your card and your watercoloring! Perfect.

Jenna said...

Such a cute card, Virginia!!!

Deepti said...

This is adorable! I like the rain effect :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Ha! I like both versions...I would probably spray water on my friends too ;)

Charlene said...

I love both, but the added umbrella looks like he's doing something for his friend by holding the umbrella.....cuteness x100

Taunya Butler said...

Sweet, sweet cards - and I get it!! Friendship needs to playfulness of a random squirt AND the shelter of an umbrella from the storm!! Awesomely done and just delightful in the colors and the coloring!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card Virginia!! Too sweet!!

hugs...

Carol McCready said...

Such an adorable card.
Love the watercolor and white
embossed sentiment.