Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #321

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Friends/Super Hero Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Favorite Technique/Products

 We are using Ranger products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

If you've followed my blog for a while now, you would know that I love using Distress Inks and all kinds of Ranger products. But what stands out to me the most is Alcohol Ink. There is nothing quite like it! The vibrancy of the colors never disappoint. It's the perfect chance to use alcohol inks with the stamp set "My Precious" from Winnie and Walter

you are a gem
All I did was create a colorful background with the alcohol ink card stock/glossy paper. Then I stamped the images with Versafine ink and cut out the small diamonds. I purposely left some white space on the paper...that way, it looks like the diamonds really sparkle! AND I didn't even add Glossy Accent! In hindsight, I think I should have!


As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 


27 comments:

Barb said...

I could have guessed you'd play with Alcohol inks - love when you create with them! Beautiful colors and a gorgeous card, V! ♥

Jingle said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! The bold colors are absolutely fantastic! Gorgeous!

Desire Fourie said...

Virginia this is a gorgeous and fun design. Adore the bright jewels.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! this IS precious! the vibrant colours are fabulous and I love the white bits, they really do give the impression of sparkle! AMAZING! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

conil said...

I think those gems are perfect without the Glossy Accents. Beautiful color. Love the clean look of the card.

Miriam Prantner said...

These gems are fantastic! LOVE!

Happy Dance said...

Oh your sparkle shows up magnificently! No need for glossy accents on this beauty. Love the bright pink base too. This is just fantastic. Love this one!! Bev

Kara Lynne said...

Those gems really shine! Gorgeous!!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Virginia, your gems are so stunning with beautifully coloured and great sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx

Tenia Nelson said...

Super FUN!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your inked gems! I've never used alcohol ink....

Stephanie Leykauf said...

How fun! This is one of my favorite sentiments and what a cool and pretty technique!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lisa said...

I like your fancy gems, this is wonderful Virginia!!

Taunya Butler said...

This is just a WOW card with all those jewels and sparkly goodness!! I think you have done a fabulous job at using alcohol inks on this and just creating a beauty of a card!! You are a sweet, sweet lady and I love stopping by here!!! Have a wonderful day!!

alexandra s.m. said...

You play with these inks like no other!
Fabulous card my Friend!
Thank You!

Laura B. said...

wow these really looked like they are sparkling...I thought they were coated in glossy accents and then I realized it was just cool beans inking!! Such a fabulous illusion!!!

Connie said...

I love this look...and I've followed you for a while, but could you point me in the direction of your 'how to' instructions on alcohol inks on glossy paper? I'd love to know how!

Connie said...

I apologize...didn't go far enough down to the bottom of this post. Got it! Thanks for another amazing technique!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so glad you chose to play with alcohol inks for this card! The colors are so fun and vibrant, and perfect for 'Gem Stones'! Love your sentiment and hot pink background, too! Another fabulous card, Virginia!

Bashful said...

Your gems are beautiful! They definitely look like they sparkle - no Glossy Accents needed!

Lin said...

What a neat card, Virginia! I love your idea, and I'd love to have some of your gems!

Cindy C. said...

Excuse the pun, but your card is a gem!!! Stunning colours!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

FABULOUS card Virginia!! Just amazing!! Great coloring!

hugs...

Rema said...

This card is amazing Virginia! Those gems really look like they sparkle...

Teresa Kline said...

hello Virginia! super cool gems...luv this set....they really shine brightly..LUV. hope you have a wonderful week!

sparkle & shine *~*

Ruth G said...

Wonderful look! I love the colors you chose and how you left some white on the gems! Thanks for sharing your lovely card!