Saturday, June 20, 2015

Stamping on Pattern Paper

Hello friends!
As stampers, we don't seem to use pattern paper enough. I don't know about you, but I love to buy 
6" x 6" pattern paper pads! It can get addictive and out of control... (LOL). The Tea Garden from Basic Grey was calling my name so I had to get it and then it sat on my desk for a few days...until I got the stamp set "Many Thanks".

I found one sheet of pattern paper (a black and white one) that seemed to be a perfect match for the new flower image.
many thanks
To keep it simple, I didn't stamp any fancy color layering for the flowers. To tone down the images, I embossed the sentiment on vellum and added a piece of silver pattern paper and sequins to complete the design. I love how it turned out! 
Now if I can only figure out how to use the rest of the pattern paper; that will be my next mission!
You can still enter the StampNation "In The Mood" Class giveaway (deadline is June 21st).
Please enter here.
Thanks for stopping by! 

10 comments:

Laura B. said...

What a brilliant idea to layer your stamps over pattern paper!!!

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic technique! I have so much patterned paper it's great to get some inspiration to use it.

conil said...

This is a fabulous idea...love the color against the B&W pattern. Your choice of colors is inspired. Unfortunately, I have a glut of 6X6 pads, too. Think I'll break one open and see what transpires.

Kara Lynne said...

I love that you stamped on the patterned paper! I never think about doing that! Great colors and a wonderful sentiment with it too!

Cindy C. said...

It is really fun to stamp with designer paper, your card looks so vibrant Virginia!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful combination of stamping/patterned paper! Love the paper and color choices!

alexandra s.m. said...

Very clever indeed Virginia! I love the card and addition of vellum ;)
Thank You~

Ksenija Rizova said...

Excellent way of using a patterned paper! Thank you for a great idea! Love the white sentiment on vellum and a silver stripe muting the bright background.

Ksenija Rizova said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taunya Butler said...

Intriguing idea - it looks amazing how you did it!! Another idea to add to the list to try!! Thanks for the inspiration!!