Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Beauty of One Layer

Hello friends!
I find myself doing more and more one layer cards. I am not sure exactly why, but I think it has to do with playing with MISTI. Because of the color-layering, I find myself stamping the same image in multiple colors.... with success!

Today's card is a good example of that.Age is merely the number... 
I had combined a few sets of Simon Says Stamps and created a clean and simple design.
I love that sentiment...it's perfect, especially for an oldie (BUT a goodie!!!) like me! LOL

I attended a baby shower yesterday and it was the most scrumptious lunch for a baby shower!
It has been a while since I shared food photos.
Can you tell that these are actually lobster?
I thought you might like it too :) 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Every time you leave me a comment, it makes me so happy :)




15 comments:

Hussena said...

What a gorgeous one layer card ..I love the way you have layered the colors on the balloons and that perfect sentiment !! Misti is definitely on my wish list too :)

vic said...

This is gorgeous and all the colours look fantastic what a lovely card!
Vic x

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. MISTI is really awesome.

Sarah Gray said...

Love the soft dreamy colours on your card, Virginia! You really show how effective the MISTI is :)

Noreen Fontana said...

Those balloons! Well, the colors in those balloons! I feel like I'm looking at big bubbles. The sentiment is one I haven't seen before, but I love that too! Thanks for sharing your art.

Lisa said...

Love your beautiful one layer card Virginia! Go Misti!!

Alanna said...

This is a beautiful one layer card.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome one layer card!! Yummers food too!! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the multi-colored balloons! And I obviously need to start hanging out with you because I have never attended a baby shower that served lobster. Yum!

conil said...

You certainly are a goodie...not at all old. The balloon card is a winner as is the sentiment. Love how you've layered your colors. I do have a bone to pick with you...I am now STARVING, thanks to these yummy photos. Now, I have to go to the kitchen and rummage around to see what's available.

Keren Baker said...

This is a beauty indeed! Really love the multicoloured inking on the balloons! x

Laura B. said...

Oh I love your one-layer wonder so much....such beautiful inking on those balloons.....I'm SO behind on my feedly!! I need to catch up! That is some de-licious looking food....that is gonna be one lucky little baby!

Carole said...

love the balloon card x

Taunya Butler said...

Love, love that sentiment and the one layer card is fabulous!! Love the sweet colors you used and I just cannot get over how PERFECT that saying is - sure would be good for someone who is having a little trouble with getting older!! Super great card and more and more I am thinking that I, TOO, need a Misti!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Harriet said...

Wonderful card, Virginia, I am catching up on my blogs today. We were gone over the weekend and the food at our graduation party wasn't as elegant as your shower, but it was wonderful touching base with family. I am going to give a try --minus Misti-- to creating a card like yours. Thank you for posting and sharing what you have learned with all of us.