Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Virtue of Repeated Stamping and Masking

Hello friends!

Previously I had used this stamp "Winged Beauty" to create this card. 
it's the little things
(click on the photo for details)

Today I am sharing a card made with the same set, but with a totally different take. I used just one single stamp (the one with the bird perching on a branch) to create a fun scene. Initially I was just going to stamp two birds...but I got carried away! This was what I came up with.
happy everything
I managed to kill 5 birds with one stone stamp 5 birds with one stamp. With the help of MISTI, I started out with the bird on the far right and then stamped my way to the left. Just like my last card, I used Spectrum Aqua markers for this design. I love the ease and convenience of adding colors to small and detailed images.  Can you tell that I had FUN? And of course, this type of card is not meant to be mass-produced...I only did it to challenge myself and see how it can be done.

This card reminds me of a photo of my son David and 5 other cello players...
(photo credit: Stephanie Lu)

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Christina Hor said...

Oh Virginia, this card is just too gorgeous! I love your choice of colors! Vibrant and happy feeling just looking at it. Have a lovely day!

Hussena said...

Its such a gorgeous card ..I so love both your take's using the same stamp set ..so perfect !

Anita in France said...

These are both so lovely, Virginia ... so full of summer colour ... I can almost feel that warm breeze! Anita :)

Dawn Turley said...

Beautifully done with your repeat stamping Virginia.

Lisa said...

Oh, I like this Virginia!! Love all of those pretty little birds lined up!

Harriet said...

Super card, Virginia, it's the colors I love. Plus, as you say, Misti makes a big difference. Maybe someday. Virginia, if you have a chance, I would love to be shown/told about masking. I don't get it.

Lin said...

You are really giving that Misti a workout! Beautiful results, little sis!

Deepti said...

This is beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty line up of birds!

Dotty Jo x said...

So pretty - you are the queen of colour! Jo x

Taunya Butler said...

I agree with Dotty Jo - YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF COLOR!!! So awesome and this card is simply so delightful - I love all those multi colored birds all in a row - and the sentiment ties in so perfectly!! WOW!!

Charlene said...

Always LOVE your cards Virginia, there so happy!!!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

So pretty and festive, love your colorful card! TFS

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun take on Stephanie's photos - love them and the card, Virginia!!

pcm said...

you are just getting better and better!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I really love how you stamped the birds with all those beautiful blooms on each side! Such a charming card, Virginia!
Love the two photos of David, too...so clever :)

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card. Those colors are gorgeous.
Love those photos!