Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Use That Border Stamp!

Hello friends!
 Just a quick share of these little birdies outside of our study room window...
(photo credit: Dr. John)

Aren't they precious? They are only a few inches away from the window. I wish that we had spotted them a few days earlier...but at least we get to have a peek of these birdies (I think they are robins?) before they grow big and fly away. I think it will happen soon. edited: they left this morning!! :(

Now, let's get back to the regular schedule...
I have this cool border stamp set "On the Edge" from Neat And Tangled for a while now. It was part of the prize package from last years World Card-Making Day win.
I hate dislike to see NEW stamps not being inked up and was determined to use it. Well, to challenge myself, I decided to use it for the entire design. After all, this scallop border is just lovely, isn't it?

With the help of MISTI, this layered stamping was easy to do. I stamped each one several times just to make sure the inking is perfect.
praying for you
I chose the calm and soothing blue and had lot of fun inking each one up. After that was done, I thought "something" was missing. So I decided to add Tiny Dot Stenciled paste to it. By using part of the stencil, the overall look is not too busy and it keeps the design interesting. While I was adding the embossing paste, I sprinkled the white glitter over! To me, it's just the right amount of "oomph". The sentiment was die cut directly from inked color paper.

I think this card also fits the new Virginia's View Challenge (see here).
 Please check it out if you haven't already.
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Virginia. A great idea to use the border stamps

Cris G said...

Fun card, Virginia. Love the transparency in some of the colors you stamped.

Marcie Sharp said...

I love the colours on this. Blue IS always so calm and serene. Very nice!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

I love all the blues and the fun white glittery spots. TFS

Ruby N said...

oh that looks good! I love border stamps. Need to use them more :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the ombre colors and the paste on top! Great design!

Shelly said...

Fabulous card, Virginia!
Love the pic of the birdies, too!

Lynn said...

Such a sweet picture. Love how you embossed over the fabulous borders Virginia.

conil said...

Think border stamps rock, and I hardly ever use them. Now, I have to try this.

Nora N. said...

This is too cute!! I love the fun ombre look and the way you added the pasted circles on top is GENIUS!! LOVE it!!

Lisa said...

What a wonderful card Virginia and those little birds are too cute!

Taunya Butler said...

Oh, my - what a peaceful, soothing card!! Love those beautiful blue ombre scallops - what a lovely sentiment to put with this amazing, cool, yet very sweet card!! Marvelous!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such cool pictures They remind me of our baby robins last Spring!
Love your card Virginia, very zen indeed ;)

Barb Ghig said...

Oooh, I love how you played with the scalloped border, Virginia! Beautiful multi-colored sentiment and using paste for your embossed dots was such a great idea! You are so creative!!!