Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Watercolor Blog Hop

Hello friends!


I am sneaking in at the last minute to join the Watercolor Blog Hop hosted by Pretty Pink Posh.
You can see all the details here.
have a great day
The entire card was created with water and Spectrum Aqua Markers. I started out with the tall-standing flowers and then stamped the smaller flowers repeatedly with MISTI. I did this card in different stages in order to let it dry naturally...plus, I was busy with LIFE. Sometimes it's just good to leave the card on the desk for a while and then you can add a few more details as you go.
I am afraid that this card actually doesn't have sequins! I know...It's shocking as Pretty Pink Posh sequins are my go-to embellishments these days. I tried to keep this English Garden theme as natural as possible and used Pico Embellisher for the tiny dots. 

Lastly, here is a Craftsy class that has a great discount. If you ever wonder how to make beautiful use of your pattern paper, this course is for you.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=253536&m=29190&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Ecraftsy%2Ecom%2Fext%2F20150609%5FAffiliate%5FID%5F1083364%5FCourse%
Patterned Paper Play by Paige Evans.  
Edited (June 10): I signed up with this class since I am a fan of Paige!
It truly is an inspiring class if you are up for it!
Thanks for stopping by!

36 comments:

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Beautiful card.,I just received my Misti a few days ago. Now I'm scared to use it. Would you explain to me in detail...did you put your markers on the stamps while it was on the Misti and when did the water go on....I'm confused. Thank you for helping me.

Carol said...

You never cease to AMAZE me Virginia! You are one talented lady! I learn so much from you!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Virginia, the beautiful scene definitely looks hand painted.

D.Ann C said...

Love this gorgeous card! Especially the bright colors, fab background and white gel edging!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

So beautiful, Virginia! Love the vivid color.

Rose said...

So beautiful & vibrant. Gorgeous card!

Denise Bryant said...

gorgeous card with beautiful coloring and details!

Corilyn Noreen said...

I really love those purple flowers. This card is so beautiful. :)

Hussena said...

Its such a beautiful card ..I love all the tiny details you have added to it !

Lucy said...

This is really lovely!
The colors are so vivid.

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous colours Virginia. I really like the pretty colours you used.

SonjaK said...

Wow, what bright colors! This card really pops, Virgina. My day's already great and bright after just seeing it. And thanks so much for featuring my card on your chanllenge's facebook page. This is such a great honor.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE this!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Design and your Water Coloring is AWESOME!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Susi Kelly said...

Sequins or not, it's still a beautiful card, Virginia! The purple & yellow colours just pop off the card they're so bright!

pcm said...

lovely!

Tess Hackett said...

I agree sequins are not it's still a pretty card, that's well done.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! I especially love those purpley flowers!

ardythpr1 said...

So pretty, Virginia! Love the feeling of an English country garden!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Beautiful card Virginia! Love the purple flowers. TFS

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh so beautiful!

Harriet said...

Lovely card, Virginia, you continue to create such diversity.

Charlene said...

What a stunning card!!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Such an amazing and beautiful card!!! Thanks for linking to my craftsy class, you're so sweet :)

Brandi said...

This is beautiful!!!

conil said...

Whoa! So pretty. Love this scene you've created.

Keren Baker said...

Swoon! Another beauty. Your card is dreamy and vibrant too! x

Nora N. said...

This is so pretty!! I love the combination of colors you chose. They make me so happy!! I think I am going to buy a set of those markers to try. They might be easier then a brush!!!

Barb Ghig said...

You have created the perfect 'English Garden', Virginia! I love the organic feel of your water coloring and the color palette is so pretty! Love the sentiment, too!

Lisa said...

So pretty Virginia, love your whimsical flowers!!

donna mikasa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Virginia! I think sequins would get lost amongst all the color on this beauty! I love the little pooped up butterfly, too!

donna mikasa said...

POPPED!!! Not POOPED!! Sorry about that!

maria f. said...

In love with those multi-toned purple blooms.

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card, Virginia!

Taunya Butler said...

This is so BLOOMING gorgeous and just looks so natural and lifelike - I feel like I am looking at a meadow of wildflowers - just so tastefully and wonderfully done!!!

Lucinde said...

Lovely flowers!

Creative M said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I adore the pretty butterfly!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M