Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Card from Scraps

Hi friends!
Lately, I am finding that my craft room is bursting at the seams. I can't complain. I have enough craft supplies to last me till 2017! And I bet I could continue to create and stop buying/acquiring... but we are not going to do that. Why do that to myself? Anyways, I saw my pile of paper scraps and I thought I can use some creativity to get rid of some and make something. 
 I took some photos to document my process.
1. See the pile? That's how it all started!
2. Pick out the pattern paper and hand cut the stamped leaf images
3. Take a piece of leftover frame from Stitched Rectangles and ink the edges (I think this is the most creative part of this process)
4. Adhere the frame with Multi-mat Medium with the help of a toothpick (who needs Quickstik when you have a disposable toothpick?)
5. Arrange and and stamp sentiment 

I love how this card turned out.
smiles
Thanks so much for stopping by! 


19 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

what a great use of your scraps. Lovely card.

Lynn said...

Love, love, love...especially the sweet little bow!

Barb Ghig said...

What a great way to use up your scraps, Virginia! I love how you framed it out, too! Such a cute card!

Susi Kelly said...

Super cute, Virginia, and a nice combination of colours!

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Awesome idea...to use your scraps. The card turned out so cute.

Susanne Vargas said...

I really like this set and love how you used it with scraps of PP! The frame finishes it off nicely! I admire you for always coming up with tons of different ways to use your supplies!

Jennifer said...

Love this Virginia! Thanks for all the photos too, great way to share your process. My pile of scraps is getting big!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful way to put your scraps to good use! Love this card!

Shelly said...

Beautiful card! Love the papers!

conil said...

Good grief...you must be the original recyclist. And look at that card you made. It's terrific.

Barbara said...

Love your adorable "scrappy" card. I don't have that particular stamp set by Shari and SSS, but I have another floral one of hers and SSS that I think would work! I, too, need to reduce the pile of scraps! Thanks for the inspiration.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the inked frame - perfect for all your scrappy leaves, Virginia!!

Nora N. said...

A woman after my own heart-using your scraps to make a card!! I LOVE how you framed it with that scrap too. STUNNING card!!

Lisa said...

This is so much fun Virginia, i love it!!!

Deepti said...

This is awesome :)

Debstamps said...

Some of my favorite cards have come from scraps too! Lovely colors in this one and worthy of CASEing all by itself!

Taunya Butler said...

I LOVE that you created this beauty using scraps - you are awesome and the card turned out so very
Marvelously!! Goodness, it is so cool!!!

Chrystina Noel said...

I love this! This is why I save all my scraps :)

stlbarb said...

I love this card and will be seeing what I can use to mimic it next time I'm in the studio. Thanks for the inspiration!!