Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Flower Card from the ton stamps

http://www.thetonstamps.com/collections/photopolymer-clear-stamps/products/fresh-cut-peonies
Hello friends! See the stamps "Fresh Cut Peonies"? I know, right?
I was not sure how to approach this stamp set when I first got it. This is a rather LARGE set (measures 6"x8"). Each peony/bulb/stem/leaf has three stamps! And I am not even talking about that glass vase. I actually have one vase that looks exactly like it! Since there are so many possibilities, I wondered where to start? This was my first attempt. 
https://www.flickr.com/gp/15636237@N04/677i64
I realize that it is rare to see red peonies, but they do exist! The Peony we see most often are pink, bright hot pink, burgundy and white. I stamped my images with the simple approach--layering with colors and adding a few small embellishments and ink splatter. Done!
I found this picture over Pinterest. I think it looks almost like the one in the card!
Have you checked out Craftsy classes? Most of the classes are quite inexpensive and beautifully filmed. Check them out if you have not already done so. You can sign up via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Account. There are also some FREE classes (see here)! So do take advantage of that!

  There are quite a few classes that are on sale, such as Stamping & Beyond ($14.99)

Well, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Karen D. said...

so pretty...great stamps!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh how beautiful Virginia!
Who doesn't love Peonies?!
Amazing stamping!!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Virginia!

Tess Hackett said...

Amazing stamp and card. Peonies are my favorite flower. There is a place online www.peonyparadise.com you can get a catolog from them they have every color of peony that's out there. It would be a good reference for different color combos to try with this stamp.

Miriam Prantner said...

Peonies are my very favorite flowers, this card is so pretty!!!

Ruby N said...

What a beautiful card!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Virginia!!

conil said...

Wowza...this looks very like you photo. And they're both gorgeous.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous blooms, Virginia! Such a beautiful color combo and the diagonal stripes along the bottom is such a great touch! Very pretty card, Virginia!

Taunya Butler said...

The colors on this card are so very bright, and so very vivid and full of brightness!! You gave captured nature on a card and it is Blooming wonderful!!